THF Nitro Development v. City of Nitro, et al.
PA-Martin Glasser; J-Walker
* THF Nitro says the City of Nitro has defaulted under the financial terms of their agreement to build the Nitro Marketplace shopping center.
Case number: 06-C-2196
Dessie Nichols v. Merck and Co.
PA-Cindy Kiblinger; J-Zakaib
* Nichols says she suffered a pulmonary embolism as a result of taking Merck's anti-inflammatory drug Vioxx.
Case number: 06-C-2212
Poca Valley Bank v. Miracle Restaurant Group, et al.
PA-Thomas Ewing; J-Berger
* Poca Valley Bank says Miracle Restaurant Group, Stephen Neu and Bruce Panley have defaulted on the payment of a loan and is owed $1,181,708.97. The two men are business partners of Jack Whittaker, who won a $315 million Powerball jackpot in 2002.
Case number: 06-C-2213
Jerry K. Barrett and Mickie Barrett v. 20th Century Glove Corporation of Texas, et al.
PA-David Chervenick; J-Visiting
* The Barretts' case is one of 13 asbestos lawsuits filed in succession by Chervenick against 124 defendants.
Case number: 06-C-2216
C.G. and B.G., individually and as guardians and next friends of C.G. III, an infant v. West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, et al.
* The parents say the DHHR wrongfully took custody of their child for 10 days last year and are suing for emotional scars.
PA-Troy Giatras; J-Walker
Case number: 066-C-2236
Dennis Lee Thomas and Judith Thomas v. A.W. Chesterton Co., et al.
PA-Cindy Kiblinger; J-Visiting
* The Thomases name 45 defendants in this asbestos lawsuit.
Case number: 06-C-2244
Cathy Dennison and Kelly Dennison v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
PA-Phillip Stowers; J-King
* Cathy Dennison says she slipped on a wet floor at the Wal-Mart in Summersville and sustained injuries. Husband Kelly also seeks compensation, citing loss of consortium.
Case number: 06-C-2266