West Virginia Consolidated Public Retirement Board v. Larry Pauley
PA-J. Jeaneen Legato; J-King
* The case against Pauley is one of three filed by the board that states anyone who is found guilty of a felony forfeits the remainder of their pension. Pauley was found guilty of sexual exploitation of a minor, Jerry Weaver was found guilty of conspiracy to purchase votes in an election and George Bradshaw III was found guilty of mail fraud.
Case number: 06-C-2359
Arlie C. Addington v. Jane Cline, West Virginia Insurance Commissioner, et al.
PA-Tim Carrico; J-King
* Addington says Cline and the West Virginia Insurance Commissioner underpaid her in the amount of $129,047.95 on her Workers Compensation claim.
Case number: 06-C-2367
Sam Burdette v. Andrew Payne, Chairman of the West Virginia Racing Commission, et al.
PA-H. Wyatt Hanna III; J-King
* Burdette says the commission has not shared with state dog breeders the proceeds in the Greyhound Development Breeding Fund, as it is required to do.
Case number: 06-C-2368
Dot Foods, Inc. v. Dixie Provisioner, Inc., doing business as J.A. Wendling Foodservice
PA-Stephen Gaylock; J-King
* Dot Foods says Dixie owes $57,074.29 on an unpaid account.
Case number: 06-C-2377
Shirley Cyrus, individually and as personal representative of the Estate of William Lee Cyrus v. Garlock, Inc., et al.
PA-James McKowen; J-Visiting
* The suit lists seven defendants and on them blames William Cyrus' death from mesothelioma, saying they had a hand in exposing him to asbestos.
Case number: 06-C-2385
Janice Fisher, personal representative of the Estate of Labon Fisher v. A&I Company, et al.
PA-John Skaggs; J-Visiting
* Twenty-one defendants are listed in this asbestos case, including five West Virginia corporations.
Case number: 06-C-2391