Mary Beth (Zigrosser) Powell vs. Darlene Nicole Holloman
PA - Lawrence Schultz; J - David Sanders
* Powell claims a Nov. 5, 2004, vehicle accident was the result of Holloman's negligence and recklessness, after the defendant collided with Powell's vehicle as she was making a right-hand turn. Powell is seeking up to $75,000 for medical expenses, pain and aggrevations.
Case number: 06-C-822
Cluss Properties LLC vs. A.H. Land Holdings LLC
PA - W. Richard McCune; J - David Sanders
* Cluss Properties claims the defendant owes $300,000 plus interest after failing to make any payment toward an April 4, 2006, promissory note agreement.
Case number: 06-C-830
City Hospital Inc. vs. Robert Michael Flee
PA - Jeffery Gould; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The hospital claims Flee owes $31,474.86 plus interest for a total of $46,282.18 for medical services and supplies provided in 2002, 2004 and 2005.
Case number: 06-C-831
Dorothy Martin vs. Berkeley County Commission
PA - Gregory Bailey; J - Christopher Wilkes
* Martin claims she was discriminated against while she was an employee of the Berkeley County Commission, working as a full-time clerk in the County Assessor's office. Martin claims her supervisor, Berkeley County Assessor Preston Gooden, wrongly terminated her position in June 2006 after she had to miss a few days of work when her son was in the hospital. She is seeking an amount of relief to be determined at trial.
Case number: 06-C-833
Carla M. Spencer vs. Hartford Insurance Co. of the Midwest
PA - Terrance Britt; J - David Sanders
* The plaintiff claims the insurance company failed to pay for her medical expenses after she was a pedestrian struck by a vehicle on Aug. 12, 2006. She says she was covered by the defendant for up to $25,000, under a policy in her father Carl Spencer's name. The plaintiff claims her medical expenses exceeded $30,000, so she is seeking the full coverage amount plus other relief.
Case number: 06-C-834