Luther Shepherd v. Telecheck Services, et al.
PA-Anthony Majestro; J-Berger
* Shepherd says his cleaning lady stole his checks and began forging them. After he signed an affidavit with Telecheck and TRS Recovery Services, he says they still hassled him to cover the checks.
Case number: 06-C-2411
Associated Wine and Spirits v. State of West Virginia, Alcohol Beverage Control Commission, et al.
PA-Henry Wood III; J-Walker
* The Charleston wine distributor says giving tax breaks to in-state wineries is unfair and is challenging the constitutionality of it.
Case number: 06-C-2430
Lacrecia Legg, administratrix of the Estate of Mark Hanna v. KLLM, et a.
PA-Kimberly Williams; J-Bloom
* Legg says Hanna was a passenger with tractor-trailer driver Keith Pierce and was helping him park his 53-foot truck but was smashed in between it and another. She says Pierce didn't follow protocol for having a helper.
Case number: 06-C-2431
Ann Hines v. Fruth Pharmacy
PA-Heather Langeland; J-Walker
* Hines slipped and fell in Fruth Pharmacy and is suing.
Case number: 06-C-2437
Rudolph Thompson v. American Premier Underwriters, et al.
PA-James McKowen; J-Visiting
* Thompson names just two defendants in his asbestos lawsuit. He was formerly a railroad worker.
Case number: 06-C-2449
William Clark v. Tim Harrison
PA-Martin Smith; J-Berger
* Clark, a Nitro City Councilman, says fellow councilman Harrison used his identity over the Internet to send a sexually explicit photograph of himself to a woman and have sexually explicit instant message conversations.
Case number 06-C-2506