Nalone Stallings v. Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority d/b/a South Central Regional Jail
PA-Geoffrey Ekenasi; J-Bloom
* Stallings says he slipped and fell down more than 20 steps while incarcerated at South Central Regional Jail. He seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-2531
Lightning, Inc. v. Point Service Coal Sales Inc.
PA-Joshua Collins; J-Kaufman
* Lightning says Point Service owes it $49,742.47 on an unpaid invoice.
Case number: 06-C-2536
Idearc Media Corp., d/b/a Verizon Directory Services v. Kanawha Valley Internet
PA-Stephen Gaylock; J-Bloom
* Idearc Media says Kanawha Valley Internet owes $96,979.50 on an unpaid invoice.
Case number: 06-C-2540
Randall Barrett v. Prime Insulation Inc.
PA-Mark Atkinson; J-Berger
* Barrett says he was terminated from his job because of his age.
Case number: 06-C-2554
Caitrin McGillicuddy v. Ramey Motors, Inc., et al.
PA-Michael Glasser; J-Stucky
* McGillicuddy says she purchased a used Ford Mustang that still had existing damage from a previous wreck and has refused ownership of it.
Case number: 06-C-2555
Robin Tabor v. Charles Slack Jr., et al.
PA-Walton Shephred III; J-Zakaib
* Tabor blames the owners of a mobile home in which she was living for sewage backing up into her bathroom, causing her to spend $2,500 for motel rooms because it became uninhabitable.
Case number: 06-C-2558
Darlene S. Hopkins v. Timberline Resort Realty, Inc.
PA-April Ferrebee; J-Stucky
* Hopkins says Timberline kept open a trapdoor on the property she rented, and she fell through it.
Case number: 06-C-2559
Larry Totten and Linda Totten v. Maptona
PA-Norman White; J-Kaufman
* Larry Totten says he was forced to work in unsafe conditions at the Essex Mine and was hit in the leg while replacing a ripper head on a continuous mining machine.
Case number: 06-C-2560
Jason Layne and Gina Layne v. Meridian Communications and Construction, Inc., d/b/a Mid-Atlantic Drilling, et al.
PA-Bert Ketchum; J-Kaufman
* Jason Layne says he was part of a group of Meridian employees contracted to do work for the Department of Transportation's Division of Highways when he suffered an on-the-job injury. He is suing both entities, plus Mid-Valley Construction for owning the drill rig that struck him.
Case number: 06-C-2566
Priscilla Lester, administratrix of the Estate of Stanley Lester v. West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways
PA-John Mitchell; J-King
* Lester says Stanley Lester died in a car accident because the DOH did not repair a roadside drain that routinely became blocked.
Case number: 06-C-2571
Patricia Fuqua v. AAM Investments, et al.
PA-Robert Goldberg; J-Walker
* Fuqua says her husband's company has a duty to pay back a $50,000 loan to BB&T, which is threatening foreclosure on her Kanawha County home.
Case number: 06-C-2572