Marla Denise Raymond and Richard Raymond v. Smith Transport, Inc., and James R. McMillen
J-Stone; PA-J. Bryan Edwards
* Marla Raymond claims McMillen, while working within the scope of his employment with Smith Transport, caused an accident with her vehicle. She sustained severe and permanent injuries from the incident and is seeking general damages, punitive damages, interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-792
Betty L. Dewitt v. Scott L. Silverstein, M.D.
J-Clawges; PA-William L. Frame, Esquire
* Dewitt claims Silverstein deviated from the standards of medical care when he failed to isolate the median nerve during her carpal tunnel release surgery. Silverstein severed the nerve, causing motor and sensory deficits in the plaintiff's left hand. She is seeking full and fair compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages and loss of enjoyment of life. She is also seeking interest and costs.
Case number: 06-C-793
State of West Virginia ex rel. Darrell V. McGraw Jr., Attorney General v. Paul Arsenault, individually and as owner of Just for Women II
J-Stone; PA-Kim Stitzinger Jones
* The AG's office claims that after failing to register as a "health spa" in the state of West Virginia, Just for Women II closed its doors permanently without offering any notice to its paying customers. The business also continued to collect membership renewal fees as well as new member fees after knowing that Just for Women II was closing. The business has made no effort to refund these monies to the unlawfully charged parties. The plaintiff is seeking restitution for the customers who have lost money, a civil penalty of $5,000 for every violation of the West Virginia Consumer Credit Protection Act, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-794
Earl Otis Sims Jr., Sims Trucking and Kelly Jo Sims v. Timothy E. Ash and Albert Shaffer Trucking
J-Clawges; PA-John R. Angotti
* Earl Sims claims Ash, operating his vehicle in a negligent manner, caused a collision with Sims's automobile. Sims sustained severe physical and mental suffering and was forced to expend monies for medical attention. He is seeking compensation for his injuries and damages as well as interest. Kelly Jo Sims is seeking compensatory damages for her loss of consortium, companionship and society as well as interest.
Case number: 06-C-795
Frank Andrews dba Andrews Used Cars v. Nationwide Cassell, L.P.
J-Stone; PA-Christopher M. Wilson
* Andrews claims Nationwide agreed to finance a vehicle for William R. Robbins. Following the confirmation of this agreement to finance, Andrews turned the vehicle over to Robbins, only to later be informed that Nationwide would not finance the vehicle. Andrews is seeking full and fair compensation for the damages sustained because of the breach of contract, as well as interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-800
Catherine Anna Cassi v. Hon. J. Jeffrey Culpepper
J-Clawges; PA-T. Clark Rose
* Cassi claims that she is owed back child support dating from the birth of her child up to Dec 1, 2001. Her child was born with severe birth defects, requiring constant medical care and attention. As a result, Cassi has been unable to work full time since her child's birth. She is seeking a writ of mandamus ordering Judge J. Jeffrey Culpepper of the Monongalia County Family Court to grant her request for back child support.
Case number: 06-C-801
Elizabeth A. Reynolds v. Norman T. George
J-Stone; PA-Candace L. Ogle
* Reynolds claims George negligently failed to obey a traffic signal, thereby striking her vehicle. Reynolds suffered severe physical and mental suffering, as well as medical expenses. She is seeking compensation for her injuries and damages, as well as interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-802
Want to get notified whenever we write about State of West Virginia ?
Sign-up Next time we write about State of West Virginia, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.