Arnold Green v. CSX Transportation, Inc.
PA-Mark Wade; J-Visiting
* Green says he was exposed to asbestos while an employee at CSX and it caused the throat cancer from which he currently suffers.
Case number: 06-C-2574
Charleston Area Medical Center v. Brian McClanahan
PA-Francis Gall, Jr.; J-Kaufman
* CAMC says McClanahan owes $18,543,93 on an unpaid bill.
Case number: 06-C-2578
S.H., on behalf of his minor child M.H. v. Calvin McKinney, et al.
PA-J. Michael Ranson; J-Bloom
* M.H., a student-athlete at Sissonville High School, says he was taped putting something up his or her nose that was actually Smarties candy. However, Principal Calvin McKinney assumed it was drugs, suspended him or her and demanded he or she take part in the school's Narc Program, the complaint says. It adds that even after McKinney found out the substance was candy he demanded M.H. work in the program.
Case number: 06-C-2581
Charleston Area Medical Center v. Harold Mullins
PA-Francis C. Gall; J-Walker
* CAMC says Mullins owes $32,917.38 on an unpaid bill.
Case number: 06-C-2582
Martha Sydnor, executrix of the Estate of Richard Sydnor v. A.W. Chesterton Co., et al.
PA-Brian Calandra; J-Visiting
* Syndnor says Richard Sydnor died as a result of being exposed to asbestos during his years as a laborer and is suing 30 companies.
Case number: 06-C-2584
Norman Jones and Barbara Jones v. Tim Robinson, individually and in his capacity as an employee of the Wet Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of W. Va. Parkways Economic Development and Tourism Authority, et al.
PA-Tim Carrico; J-Zakaib
* Norman Jones says Robinson was responding to a call about a wreck when he attempted a U-turn that pinned him into a retaining wall.
Case number: 06-C-2590
State of West Virginia, ex rel. Darrell McGraw, Jr., Attorney General v. Ash, Inc., d/b/a Curves For Women, et al.
PA-Jill Miles; J-Berger
* McGraw's office says owner James Hayes did not post a $50,000 surety bond or register as a health spa when he opened Curves For Women in Oak Hill.
Case number: 06-C-2598
State of West Virginia, ex rel. Darrell McGraw, Attorney General v. Kali Style, d/b/a Curves For Women, et al.
PA-Jill Miles; J-Zakaib
* McGraw's office syas owner Lisa Kunzler did not post a $50,000 surety bond or register as a health spa when she opened Curves For Women in Inwood.
Case number: 06-C-2599
Joe Ann Crawford v. Darden Restaurants, d/b/a Red Lobster, et al.
PA-J.C. Powell; J-Zakaib
* Crawford says a piece of fish she was told was boneless contained a bone that became lodged in her throat.
Case number: 06-C-2600
Barbara Tarter v. Marshall University Board of Governors, et al.
PA-Kristina Thomas Whiteaker; J-Bloom
* Tarter, a former administrator at Marshall, says she was discriminated against because of a disability and forced to resign to a lower position.
Case number: 06-C-2609
Maryann Nichols v. Board of Education of the County of Kanawha, et al.
PA-Thomas Wilson; J-Stucky
* Nichols says the Kanawha board intentionally demolished a building that contained mold and poor indoor air quality, because of which she planned to sue.
Case number: 06-C-2617
Want to get notified whenever we write about
State of West Virginia
Next time we write about
State of West Virginia,
we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.
Sign-up for Alerts
Organizations in this Story
State of West Virginia