Samuel Hine v. Todd William Mathias
J-N/A; PA-Kristine A. Burdette
* Hine claims Mathias is responsible for recklessly colliding with the vehicle in which Hine was a passenger. As a result of this collision, Hine has suffered severe and permanent injuries, as well as emotional distress. He is seeking compensatory damages for medical expenses, pain, suffering and loss of earnings. He is also seeking the applicable underinsurance coverage.
Case number: 07-C-17
Christina M. Robinson v. Keith Allen Ast
J-N/A; PA-Michael L. Solomon
* Robinson claims Ast operated his vehicle in a negligent and careless manner, causing his vehicle to collide with hers. As a result, Robinson has sustained the severe personal injuries, pain, anguish and emotional distress as well as the total loss of her vehicle. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 07-C-20
Howard L Brewer and Joyce A. Brewer v. Whitney Ann Marker and Brad Douglas Marker
* The plaintiffs claim Whitney Ann Marker ran a red light while talking on her cellular phone, causing a collision with the plaintiffs' vehicle, which was passing lawfully through the green light. The plaintiffs suffered severe, permanent injuries as well as emotional suffering, lost wages, medical bills, etc. They seek compensator damages, punitive damages, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-21
Carol L. Bower v. Michael R. Powell Jr., BFI Waste Systems of North America Inc., BFI Waste Services LLC, Allied Waste Services of North America LLC dba Allied Waste Services of Fairmont and Allied Waste Industries Inc.
J-N/A; PA-Michelle Widmer Eby
* Bower claims that a wheel on the garbage truck driven by Powell detached from his vehicle and struck the driver's side of her automobile. Due to the defendants' negligence in inspecting and maintaining their vehicles, Bower has suffered severe disabling injuries, mental anguish, medical expenses, etc. She seeks compensatory damages for medical expenses, general damages for injuries and damages, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-23
Continental Building Systems v. Hollywood Theaters Inc.
J-N/A; PA-Denise D. Klug, Esq.
* Continental claims Hollywood Theaters has an outstanding debt of $317,928 owed to them for the construction of the Hollywood Theater complex in Granville in Monongalia County. The plaintiff is seeking judgment in the amount of this sum, as well as interest until the sum is paid in full, and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-23