Bank One, National Association, as trustee f/k/a The First National Bank of Chicago, as trustee v. Nathan H.Wasser, substitute trustee, Charles M. Mauk Jr. and Charlene D. Mauck
PA-Sarah Crichigno; J-Gina Groh
* The Mauks excecuted a note for the principal amount of $151,200 for property in Jefferson County. The note was secured by a deed of trust. Bank One is beneficiary of the note and deed of trust. On March 25, 1998, defaulted on the note and Wasser was appointed as substitute trustee to foreclose the property. In 2001, Wasser conducted a foreclosure sale of the property, of which Bank One recaptured the property. However, Wasser did not have automatic stay granted from the bancruptcy court. The Mauks want the foreclosure sale recinded and the title returned, void the trustee's deed, restore Bank One's trustee's lien and deed trust.
Case number: 07-C-61
David Shane dba AAA 5 % Bail Bonds v. Richard K. French, Erika French, James Fillinger
PA-Mack Cavendish; J-Gina Groh
* The suit claims the Frenches both were agents with AAA until they were terminated and charged with felony embezzlement. From January 2004 to December 2005, the Frenchs converted their own use bonds of AAA with a fee value of $300,000. Fillinger allegedly conspired to use profits diverted from Shane's property for business endeavors. Shane is claiming conversion, breach of contract/fiduciary duty and civil conspiracy. Shane is seeking monetary damages for unspecified damages for loss of business income, court costs and attorney's fees.
Case number: 07-C-64
TBF Financial v. Automotive Imports Inc and Edward Hall
PA-Robert Trumble; J-Gina Groh
* TBF alleges Hall entered into a lease for a 5 Star Fully Automatic Digital Pipe Bender with Capital Innovations. He agreed to make payments of $562.12 for 60 days for a total rental price of $33,757.20. In 2006, TBF was assigned the lease. Hall has defaulted on the lease. TBA is seeking 20,242.49 plus 18 percent interest.
Case number: 07-C-65
Winchester Medical Center v. Robert Dudley
PA-Daniel T. Booth; J-Gina Groh
* The hospital is seeking $59,823.58 plus $4,458.08 in interest for unpaid medical bills beginning in April 2006.
Case number: 07-C-69
Lori Kennedy v. Jefferson County Assessor, Jefferson County Commission Board of Equalization
PA-pro se; J-Gina Groh
* Kennedy claims that the assessor's valuation of her two properties on Washington Street in Harpers Ferry, does not represent the true market value. She claims the properties were compared to dissimilar properties causing her assessment to increase by 123 percent from 2005. She claims one lot should be assessed at $50,000, the second at $43,000.
Case number: 07-C-73