West Virginia University Hospitals, Inc. v. Jordan Matthew Harding
J-Stone; PA-Jeffery D. Taylor
* WVU Hospitals claims Harding owes $171,272.09 for extensive professional medical treatment. It is seeking this amount plus post-judgment interest, attorney fees and litigation costs.
Case number: 07-C-143
West Virginia University Hospitals, Inc. v. Mildred M. Landers
J-Clawges; PA-Jeffery D. Taylor
* WVU Hospitals claims Landers owes $115,664.13 for extensive professional medical treatment. It is seeking this amount plus post-judgment interest, attorney fees and litigation costs.
Case number: 07-C-144
Derek McWilliams v. Joseph Zimmerman
J-Stone; PA-Joan A. Mooney
* McWilliams claims Zimmerman caused him to fall over a small balcony and hit his head on the cement 14 feet below. Zimmerman suffered a concussion and a cut to his head, as well as some problems with is knee. He has incurred medical expenses, and will no longer be able to play football at Marietta College, due to the fact that he becomes dizzy. He is seeking compensation for medical expenses, emotional distress and pain and suffering.
Case number: 07-C-145
Michael Loss, Ann Sandor, Susan Jenkins, Carol Strang and Tammy Hunnell, individually and behalf of themselves and others similarly situated v. Kendle International, CPU, LLC, Kendle International, Inc, Hiller Hardie and Yolanda Kaull
J-Clawges; PA-Jane E. Peak
* The plaintiffs claim Kendle unlawfully handled their employment as that of independent contractors for employment tax purposes. Kendle has neglected to pay their portion of the FICA and FUTA employment taxes which they are required to pay for the benefit of their employees. They have also used this to deny overtime pay to some or all of the plaintiffs. They are seeking declaratory and injunctive relief, an award to the plaintiffs and the class members, damages and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-148
Linda Hulvey v. Wal Mart Stores, Inc.
J-Clawges; PA-Joan A. Mooney
* Hulvey claims she slipped on liquid that Wal Mart had failed to clean off the floor and sustained serious injury to her foot. She has suffered medical expenses as well as physical pain and suffering. She is seeking $74,000.00 in damages, as well as interest costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-150
Mark Lambert v. Homesite Insurance Company and Homesite Insurance Company of the Midwest
J-Stone; PA-William L. Frame, Esq.
* Lambert claims Homesite refuses to and has failed to pay the claim he submitted according to his insurance policy following the destruction of his home by fire. He has sustained damage to his home in the amount of $292,000.00 as well as damages to his personal property in an amount yet to be determined. He is seeking compensation to the full limits of his coverage under the homeowners insurance policy as well as $1,000,000.00 in punitive damages, costs, interest, and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-154
John B. Murray v. Nikae Foods, Inc. dba Cheat Lake Shop N' Save
J-N/A; PA-Christopher M. Wilson
* Murray claims Nikae Foods is responsible for neglecting to clean cooking oil off the floor that leaked from its dispenser. Having fallen on the accumulated oil, the plaintiff suffered severe and debilitating personal injuries, and has required medical attention. He is seeking full compensation for all injuries and damages, as well as interest.
Case number: 07-C-158