Shelia Dunham on behalf of Richard Dunham and RaShaun Dunham v. South Charleston High School, et al.
PA - Pro Se; J – Berger
* Shelia Dunham filed an injunction on behalf of her sons, both students and basketball players at South Charleston High School. The boys were suspended from school for "stalking and battery" of a 13-year-old boy. The suspension kept the Dunhams from partaking of any after-school activities, which included basketball. Shelia Dunham sought a temporary restraining order against the suspension.
Case number 07-C-474
Calvin A. Burge v. A & I Company, et al.
PA - David P. Chervenick; J – Visiting
* Burge has filed an asbestos suit against 67 defendants after he was exposed to products the companies produced. He now has a lung injury, asbestosis and mesothelioma. Burge seeks compensation for the damages he suffered.
Case number 07-C-473
Adrian White v. The Board of Education of Kanawha County and the City of South Charleston
PA – James R. Akers, II; J – King
* White filed a suit against the Kanawha County Board of Education and the City of South Charleston after he was injured when he fell in a manhole at McKinley Middle School. White was watching his son's football game when he stepped on a manhole cover that came loose. He injured his leg due to the fall and required surgery. He seeks compensation for his medical bills.
Case number 07-C-476
Robert W. Cogar, Sr. v. A & I Company, et al
PA – John Skaggs; J – Visiting
* Cogar, a West Virginia resident, has filed an asbestos suit against 14 companies. He has permanent injuries to his lungs, respiratory and cardiovascular systems due to asbestos exposure. He seeks punitive damages against each defendant and his spouse seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number 07-C-480
Trina Beverly, on behalf of Kenneth Daniels v. South Charleston High School, et al
PA - Pro Se; J – Walker
* Trina Beverly filed a suit seeking an injunction on behalf of her son, Kenneth "Scooter" Daniels. Daniels was suspended from school for "stalking and battery" of a 13-year-old boy. The suspension kept Daniels from partaking of any after-school activities, which included basketball. Beverly sought a temporary restraining order against the suspension.
Case number 07-C-481