Chase Bank USA, NA successor to interest to Bank One Delaware v. Myrtle M. Bolyard
PA- Andrew S. Lerner; J-Gina Groh
* Chase Bank is seeking $27,429.17 in credit card from Bolyard.
Case number: 07-C-78
Neighborhood Welcome LLC v. Judith Keatley and Karen Martin
PA-James Kratovil; J-Gina Groh
* Neighborhood Welcome claims Keatley and Martin broke a contract with the company to start "a welcome service" of their own to compete against the company. Neighborhood is claiming breach of contract. The company is asking that they would be prohibited from operating the same type of company within a 100-mile radius of the territory that was in the original contract. Keatley's was of Jefferson County. Martin's included Berkeley County, W.Va., and Washington County, Md.
Case number 07-C-79
Darrell Winston v. Eastern Regional Jail
PA-Craig Manford; J-Gina Groh
* Winston was given a 10-year sentence with eligibility for parole in two and half years. For nine months he has been at Eastern Regional Jail. He is asking to be released to Division of Corrections to serve his sentence.
Case number: 07-C-83
Ida Marie Barnes, executrix of the estate of Porter Harrison Thomas, deceased v. Jefferson Asphalt Products Company
PA- Michael L. Scales; J-Gina Groh
* Barnes claims Jefferson Asphalt owes the estate the sum of $169,781.56, plus interest from February 2006 for promissory notes. She claims the company stopped making payments upon Thomas' death on March 24, 2006. She is seeking the monies plus pre-judgment interest since 2006.
Case number: 07-C-85
JP Morgan Chase Bank v. William H. Pringle
PA-Sarah Crichigno; J-Gina Groh
* Chase holds a promissory note of $72,000 by Pringle, which was secured by a deed of trust for a Charles Town property. The note and deed of trust were executed by Pringle, but were not recorded in the Office of the Clerk of the County Commissioner of Jefferson County. Chase wants the copy of its deed of trust put on record, an equitable lien placed against the property to secure the loan, imposing a constructive trust in favor of Chase. Also declaring that Pringle has been unjustly enriched and any further relief the court sees fit.
Case number: 07-C-86
Evelyn Lachelle Jacobs, a minor, by her next friend Bruce Jacobs v. Rite Aid of West Virginia Inc.
PA- Sherman L. Lambert; J-Gina Groh
* Evelyn Jacobs, 17, was prescribed the medication Ciprofloxacin, an antibiotic, by her physician, Dr. Rodger Mitchell. The Rite Aid filled the order with Venlafaxine, an anti-depressants. Evelyn Jacobs claims she suffered personal injury. The Jacobs are seeking $50,000 with an additional $100,000 for negligence.
Case number: 07-C-88