Christine and Mark Kerwood vs. Wheeling Hospital Inc. and Ronald L. Violi
J- Mazzone; PA- Nicholas Wininsky
* Christine Kerwood was serving as Vice President of Nursing at Wheeling Hospital when Violi was named as interim CEO. Kerwood felt Violi treated her unfairly and eventually resigned. She applied for and was hired as a Restorative Nurse. Kerwood was fired by Violi under what she believes was a retaliatory discharge. Kerwood seeks compensatory damages for economic losses, humiliation, degradation and mental distress.
Case number: 07-C-113
Emily Kay Goddard Young, Administratrix of the estate of Elwood Goddard vs. Guardian Elder Care at Wheeling LLC dba Peterson Rehabilitation Center
J- Wilson; PA- Jacob Robinson
* Goddard, a resident of Peterson, was left unattended in a wheelchair with a broken strap. He fell which resulted in several injuries, aggravation of pre-existing congestive heart failure, and eventually his death. Young seeks an amount in excess of jurisdictional limits as compensatory damages.
Case number 07-C-114
Absure Tower Inc. vs. Rapidigm Inc.
J- Mazzone; PA- David J. Sims, Esq.
* In December 2005, Rapidigm entered into a written commercial lease with Absure Tower, renting the entire sixth floor of Absure Tower's office building for three years. In March 2007, Absure Tower received notice from Rapidigm informing Absure that it was vacating the building. Rapidigm failed to pay $14,540 in rent. Absure Tower seeks the unpaid rent, pre- and post-judgment interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-115
Alicia and Todd Hill vs. Northern Panhandle Head Start Inc.
J-Gaughan; PA- Nicholas Wininsky
* During her employment with NPHS, Alicia Hill noticed and reported a male co-worker who was viewing pornographic Web sites during work. No action was taken despite her complaints. NPHS then retaliated, reprimanding her for her use of sick and personal days during the previous and current year. Hill felt compelled to quit and seeks fees, costs and compensatory damages for economic losses as well as humiliation and embarrassment.
Case number: 07-C-117
James Meintel vs. G&G LLC dba G&G Bar & Grill
J-Wilson; PA- R. Gregory McDermott
* Meintel was seated on a barstool when an employee of G&G initiated a physical altercation with another individual. The combatants slammed into Meintel and knocked him on the floor before landing on top of him. He suffered broken ribs, back and hip injuries and aggravation of a disc disease, totaling $10,000 in medical bills. He seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 07-C-120
William Lee Schafer vs. Jodi and Matthew Lacovy and Badd Bonz Customz LLC
J-Wilson; PA- Jerry Sklavounakis
* Schafer signed a credit line deed of trust and security agreement on behalf of Badd Bonz Customz. Schafer assigned a lot worth under $60,000 to BB&T Collateral Service Corp. Lacovy opened a business account at BB&T but failed to pay an account balance of $2,718.63, damaging Schafer's credit. Lacovy opened various accounts through misappropriation of Schafer's name. Schafer was forced to pay $52, 217.89 to secure release of the credit line and never was reimbursed by Lacovy. Schafer seeks no less than $41,000, interest, costs, injunctive relief barring defendants disposing any and all property of BBC and disgorgement of property.
Case number: 07-C-122