Lorrenzo J. Thomas and Fred R. Johnson, Jr. v. West Virginia State Police
J-Stone; PA-J. Michael Bennenger
* The plaintiffs claim that Joshua Tomblyn, while on duty and acting within the scope of his employment with the West Virginia State Police, negligently failed to yield the right of way, causing a collision with the plaintiffs' vehicle. As a result of said collision, both plaintiffs have sustained severe physical injuries, as well as medical expenses, lost wages, etc. They are seeking an amount that will fully compensate their injuries and damages, as well as interest.
Case number: 07-C-257
Liyu Chen v. Robyn L. Warbel
J-Clawges; PA-Jacques R. Williams
* Chen claims Warbel negligently operated her pickup truck so as to collide with the plaintiff, a pedestrian. As a result of this incident, Chen has sustained personal injury, pain and suffering, mental anguish, medical expenses, delayed graduation from college, etc. She is seeking compensation for her injuries and damages, as well as interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-258
Patricia J. Daniel v. Robert Michael Kolaczynski and CBS Mortgage LLC
J-Stone; PA-Jacques R. Williams
* Daniel claims that Kolaczynski, while operating a Hummer motor vehicle as an agent of defendant CBS Mortgage, negligently collided with her vehicle. As a result of this collision, Daniel has sustained pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of wages, mental anguish, repair costs to her vehicle in the sum of $4,614.50, etc. She is seeking fair compensation for her injuries and damages, as well as interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-259
Abby Meadema Steketee v. The Greater Morgantown Convention and Visitor's Bureau Inc. and Heath & Fitness Promotions Inc.
J-Clawges; PA-Robert H. Miller II
* Steketee claims the defendants are responsible neglecting to provide adequate medical care for participants injured during their sponsored triathlon competition. Steketee claims that she cut her foot while stepping into the Monongahela River, which, she claims, was at the time unreasonably contaminated for the purposes of swimming. She claims that the infection that developed from her cut was a result of this contamination as well as due to a lack of medical treatment available at the competition. Steketee has been seriously injured, both physically and psychologically. She is seeking compensation for her injuries and damages, as well as punitive damages, lost wages, interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-260
Howard William Goff v. Motorola Communication and Electronics Inc.
J-N/A; PA-J. Bryan Edwards
* Goff claims that after picking up his Motorola cell phone from it's charger, it exploded in his hand, causing second degree burns to his stomach and damaging his home. He has sustained property damages, physical injuries, mental anguish, medical bills not in excess of $75,000.00, etc. He is seeking compensatory as well as general damages, along with interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-265