Joan A. Bartlett and The Class of all Similarly Situated Individuals vs. Stewart Title Guaranty Company and Experienced Title, Inc.
PA-David J. Sims; J-Recht
* The plaintiffs claim that the defendant companies fraudulently paid other non-lawyers to prepare titles for clients and that when asked to view the titles, were not able to produce them for their clients. They allege a violation of State Code and the state consumer credit and protection act, a breach of fiduciary obligations, negligent misrepresentation, fraud, civil conspiracy, violation of statutes, tort of outrage, and class action, among other charges. They are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-188
Christine L. Taylor, et. al vs. Staffilino Chevrolet, Inc., William M. Yates, et. al
PA-John M. Jurco; J-Wilson
* The plaintiffs claim that they were sexually harassed including being subjected to sexually explicit comments at work while employed by Staffilino Chevrolet, Inc., and William M. Yates. Eventually, Christine L. Taylor, a plaintiff, claims she was diagnosed with a sleep disorder that resulted in her not being able to work in the early morning when she was scheduled to do so. She was subsequently terminated and now, along with the other plaintiffs, alleges disability discrimination, a hostile work environment, sexual harassment, retaliatory discharge, loss of consortium, among multiple other charges, and is seeking compensatory and statutory damages.
Case number: 07-C-189
C.S. vs. Northwood Health Systems, Inc.
PA-Kathy A. Brown; J-Recht
* Plaintiff C.S. claims he was harassed and beaten by other residents at Northwood Health Systems, Inc., including being forced into fights and being hit by a steel-framed chair inflicting him with severe injuries. He alleges that the destructive behavior went ignored by Northwood's staff and only after being struck with the chair was he attended to apathetically – he was simply told to walk to the emergency room where he was treated for a broken shoulder. He claims negligence and infliction of emotional distress and is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-193
Michael L. Tridigo vs. Beverly Stramatos
PA-pro se; J-Mazzone
* Michael L. Trigido claims defendant Beverly Stramatos has refused to turn over a deed of property as mandated by a written contract between the two parties. Trigido further claims that he has paid her $10,000 as well as $944.58 in taxes on the property. He is seeking the deed in his name, reimbursement for costs of the suit, and other applicable relief.
Case number: 07-C-197
NCO Portfolio Management, Inc. vs. Jeffrey D. Spry
PA-Andrew S. Lerner; J-Mazzone
* NCO Portfolio Management, Inc., claims that defendant Jeffrey D. Spry owes $13,847.01 in debt on a past due credit card account. NCO Portfolio Management is seeking that unpaid sum plus interest as well as other legal costs and fees.
Case number: 07-C-199
Richard Marks vs. Wheeling Island Racetrack and Gaming Center
PA-pro se; J-Gaughan
* Richard Marks claims that while as a patron of Wheeling Island Racetrack and Gaming Center, he was caught in the claws of an escalator on the defendant's property when it caught his foot resulting in his falling and suffering bodily injuries as well as pain and suffering and emotional distress. He is seeking damages in excess of $25,000.
Case number: 07-C-202
Patrick E. Leinweber and Lisa Leinweber vs. Allied Waste Services of North America, LLC, and Ormet Corporation, et. al
PA-Joseph K. Reeder; J-Recht
* Patrick E. Leinweber claims that while employed as a truck driver for the defendant corporation he fell from a commercial refuse container upon which he was working resulting in his being saturated with an oily substance and inflicting him with a serious hip injury resulting in medical expenses. He alleges those claims as well as the loss of enjoyment of life and other damages.
Case number: 06-C-204