Joycelyn Mills v. Sam Skaff, doing business as Penn Station East Coast Subs, John Doe and John Doe, Inc.
PA – Paul M. Stroebel; J – King
* Joycelyn Mills filed a suit against Penn Station East Coast Subs after she stepped in a hole in the parking lot and fell, injuring her face. Mills seeks compensatory, punitive and other damages.
Case number: 07-C-1026
Paving and Resurfacing, Inc., a West Virginia Corporation v. Kanawha Country Club, a West Virginia Corporation
PA – David V. Moore; J – Walker
* Paving and Resurfacing, a Kanawha County business, filed a suit against Kanawha Country Club, seeking payment for services rendered. They seek $45,000 for payment of services, materials and labor.
Case number: 07-C-1030
Tammy Rae Combs, individually and on behalf of the estate and wrongful death beneficiaries of Ray Combs v. Sunbridge Care and Rehab, Sunbridge Healthcare Corp.; Sunbridge Care Enterprises, Inc.; Sunbridge Dunbar Health Care Corp dba Sunbridge Care and Rehab for Dunbar; Tammy Jo Painter; John Does 1-10; unidentified entities 1-10
PA – Michael J. Fuller, et al; J – Stucky
* Tammy Rae Combs filed a suit against Sunbridge Care and Rehab in Dunbar, on behalf of Ray Combs, who died from injuries he sustained at the nursing home. Combs claims medical malpractice, negligence and fraud. She seeks general and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1057
Sandra Shaffer Wright v. Bert Wolfe Ford, Inc, Dick Lacy
PA – Paul M. Stroebel; J – Stucky
* Sandra Shaffer Wright filed a suit against Bert Wolfe Ford, Inc., claiming she was sexually harassed by her supervisor, Dick Lacy. Wright claimed the hostile environment was a violation of West Virginia Human Rights Act and that Lacy's behavior was outrageous and intolerable. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1058
Charles Duane Thomas v. West Virginia American Water Company, City of St. Albans
PA – Phillip M. Stowers; J – Stucky
* Charles Thomas filed a suit against West Virginia American Water Company and the City of St. Albans. Thomas claims he was walking in his yard and stepped on a metal cover that had not been properly tightened by a water company employee. He seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 07-C-1061
Tonyia Miller v. Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc., doing business as Harbor Freight Tools, a Delaware Corporation, Steven Stewart
PA – Mark A. Atkinson; J – Kaufman
* Tonyia Miller filed a suit against Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc., claiming she was wrongfully terminated. Miller claims she was fired because her age was perceived as a disability, a violation of the West Virginia Human Rights Act. She seeks specific and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1063
Lisa G. Cantley v. Blockbuster Inc., a corporation
PA – Steven L. Gaylock; J – Kaufman
* Lisa Cantley filed a suit against Blockbuster, after she fell in the South Charleston location. Cantley claims she tripped over a tablecloth that was in the aisle. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1067