Runetta Stevens v. Patton Building Services, Inc., Real Estate Resources, Inc. and General Corporation
PA – Kimberly E. Williams; J – Stucky
* Stevens filed a suit, seeking compensation after she was injured on the job. Stevens, a janitor in charge of cleaning City Center East, slipped down a flight of stairs while the stairs were flooded by water. She claims she is no longer able to work. Stevens seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 07-C-1132
Michael D. Sizemore, a minor, by his parents and natural guardians Michelle Rife Sizemore and Michael Sizemore v. Marshall University Board of Governors, University Physicians and Surgeons Inc, Cabell Huntington Hospital, Lisa Burke, M.D., Kerri George, M.D., Bruce Ratcliff, M.D., Sarah B. Coyle, R.N.
PA – Erica S. Harich; J – Bloom
* Michelle and Michael Sizemore filed a suit against Cabell Huntington and several employees of the hospital, after their son was injured when his delivery was induced. Their son now has cerebral palsy and a decreased life expectancy, among other conditions caused by a lack of oxygen to his brain when he was born. The Sizemores seek full and fair compensation.
Case number: 07-C-1135
Pamela Susan Toney v. Chelken, Inc., doing business as First Watch of Charleston, Inc.
PA – Robert F. Williams; J – Stucky
* Toney filed a suit against First Watch, after she was served a carafe of coffee mixed with Urnex, a commercial cleanser. Toney claims she drank two cups of coffee before she was told it contained the cleanser. She experience major vomiting, diarrhea, cramps, mouth sores and other medical problems for the next several days. She seeks full compensation for her injuries.
Case number: 07-C-1139
Larry Myers v. Capitol City Broadway, Inc., a corporation, and Doran Frame
PA – Harold S. Albertson Jr.; J – Zakaib
* Larry Myers seeks $150,000 in compensatory and punitive damages after he fell down a flight of stairs leaving Capitol City Broadway. Myers claims the steps were dangerous and that he received physical and physiological damages.
Case number: 07-C-1150
Brenda K. May v. Duane Scott Hanson, Old Colony Company
PA – Christopher J. Heavens; J – Stucky
* Brenda May filed a suit against Duane Hanson and Old Colony after she fell at Hanson's home, which was for sale by Old Colony. May claims she fell down a staircase and sustained numerous injuries. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-1158
Jane Doe and John Doe, her husband v. Charleston Area Medical Center, Inc.
PA – Frank Venezia; J – King
* A couple filed a suit against CAMC, after the woman was raped while at her job in the Women and Children's Hospital Medical Office Building. Identified as Jane and John Doe, they seek compensatory and punitive damages for the injuries sustained.
Case number: 07-C-1161
This Just In: Kanawha County
Want to get notified whenever we write about ?
Sign-up Next time we write about , we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.