Dorothy Barclay vs. Alejandro Salguero-Perez
PA - Michael Santa Barbara; J - David Sanders
* Barclay, as administratrix of the estate of Jeffrey Daniel Barclay, claims the defendant was negligent and lost control of his minivan on Nov. 13, 2006, when he struck Jeff Barclay's motorcycle and killed him on a street in Leesburg, Va. The plaintiff is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 07-C-572
Dianna Bailey vs. Giant Food Stores LLC d/b/a Martin's Food Market
PA - Gregory Bailey; J - Gray Silver
* Bailey claims the defendant's negligence on July 15, 2005, caused her to slip on clear liquid in the pet food aisle, which led to serious and permanent injuries. She is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 07-C-606
Paul W. Wright and Morgan M. Wright vs. Marlowe Towne Center LLC, Samuel Allen III, West Virginia Department of Transportation Division of Highways and unknown agents of the DOT
PA - Braun Hamstead; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiffs claim the DOH has a 20-foot right-of-way along their property's border with U.S. 11, although the DOH is now claiming an undocumented 30-foot right-of-way. The plaintiffs claim the defendants trespassed on their property to begin construction of a stormwater management system and to extend U.S. 11., and the Wrights are seeking that the property be restored to its original state, $11,000 in damages and other relief.
Case number: 07-C-607
Robert and Mary Bryson vs. Brendon Connelly
PA - Pro se; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiffs claim they had a verbal agreement with Connelly in regard to depositing checks at the end of the month for Schwan's Food, but he deposited three checks at the same time and hurt the plaintiffs financially. They are seeking $25,000.
Case number: 07-C-610
Robert and Mary Bryson vs. Chris Stoner
PA - Pro se; J - David Sanders
* The plaintiffs claim Stoner was negligent in his position as manager of Schwan's Food in Kearneysville in regard to making sure the company's drivers were performing their duties in a professional manner. The Brysons are seeking $25,000.
Case number: 07-C-611