Citibank South Dakota N.A. vs. Janet L. Richardson
PA-Bradley A. Gregory; J-Karl
* Citibank says Richardson owes $12,241.54 on an account. Citibank seeks that amount plus interest and legal fees.
Case number: 07-C-172
United Bank, Inc. vs. Jana K. Maupin and Jacquelynn Marie Maupin, et al.
PA-W. Eric Gadd; J-Madden
* United Bank acquired the title to a parcel of real estate property at a public auction for a payment of $34,000. It seeks that the bank is entitled to the possession of that property and that the defendant occupants immediately vacate the property and remove all of their personal possessions.
Case number: 07-C-175
Jonna Wade vs. Mound View Health Care Inc.
PA-Patrick S. Cassidy; J-Karl
* Wade claims that she was terminated from her employment with Mound View Health Care as a result of her filing a workers' compensation complaint even though it was her legal right to do so. She alleges a violation of West Virginia State Code and seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-176
Raymond F. Hall Sr., Administrator of the Estate of Raymond F. Hall Jr., Deceased, et al. vs. Harry Tucker Jr., and PV Holding Corporation, et al.
PA-Rodney T. Berry; J-Madden
* An auto accident in November 2005 claimed the life of Raymond F. Hall Jr. Raymond F. Hall Sr. alleges that the driver who caused that collision was operating his vehicle with a suspended license due to repeated offenses of driving while impaired. He further states that he has incurred medical bills and funeral and burial expenses. He seeks damages.
Case number: 07-C-177
Carl Mike Thompson vs. James G. Bordas and Bordas Law Firm
PA-pro se; J-Karl
* Thompson was involved in an auto accident and represented in court thereafter by James G. Bordas of Bordas Law Firm. Thompson claims Bordas failed to notify him that he was filing a suit and afterward failed to inform him of other important actions the law firm took. He seeks $800,000 in damages.
Case number: 07-C-180
Alfred T. Beecher Jr. vs. Mark Tucker and The City of Moundsville, et al.
PA-Peter P. Kurelas, III; J-Karl
* Beecher and Tucker were involved in a bicycle accident on a city bike and walking trail with untrimmed plant growth that obstructed Beecher's vision. As a result of the collision, Beecher incurred $10,000 in medical expenses and subsequently seeks $50,000 for all damages sustained.
Case number: 07-C-184
Sandra Sheller vs. David Bartsch and Bartsch Contracting
PA-James G. Bordas Jr.; J-Karl
* Bartsch was performing contracting work on Sheller's roof when he unlawfully entered her bedroom and rummaged through her undergarments. He also joked about it in poor taste to others. She claims trespass, conversion, intentional infliction of emotional distress, invasion of privacy, and negligence. She seeks $500,000 in compensatory damages and $1 million in punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-186
Rhonda Howell and Raymond Howell vs. Michael J. Pekula and Shellie J. Pekula, et al.
PA-Steven T. Taylor; J-Madden
* Howell was a business invitee on the Pekulas' property when she fell in a hole in their yard that they failed to warn her was there. As a result, Howell incurred medical bills, pain and suffering and emotional distress. She seeks damages.
Case number: 07-C-187
Lewis Reynolds and Tamra Reynolds vs. The City of McMechen
PA-pro se; J-Karl
* The Reynolds claim that the City of McMechen failed to maintain a water line that broke as a result of a ground "shift" resulting in low water pressure in their house and damage to their property including sinking walls, walkways, and stairs and problems with their hot water heater and furnace. They seek damages.
Case number: 07-C-188
Farmers Financial Services Inc., Assignee of Mac Tools vs. Dave Beegle
PA-Steven M. Recht; J-Madden
* Farmers Financial Services says Beegle owes $1,269.79 on an account. Farmers Financial Service seeks that amount plus 21.9 percent interest and legal fees.
Case number: 07-C-189