CHARLESTON -– Steptoe & Johnson is pleased to announce that 21 of the firm's lawyers are included in the 2007 class of West Virginia Super Lawyers, a special supplement produced by Law and Politics magazine.
The editors selected the following Steptoe & Johnson lawyers. Their fields of expertise are listed in parentheses):
* Michael W. Barill (Estate Planning/Probate; Tax; Trust and Estate Litigation)
* Rodney L. Bean (Appellate Law; Employment/Labor)
* Michael L. Bray (Creditors' Rights)
* Susan S. Brewer (Personal Injury Defense/General; Personal Injury Defense/Medical Malpractice; Professional Liability Defense)
* Bryan R. Cokeley (Employment/Labor; Employment Litigation/Defense)
* Gordon H. Copland (Business Litigation; Health Care)
* David E. Dick (Employment/Labor; Employment Litigation/Defense)
* William E. Galeota (Business Litigation; Professional Liability Defense; Trust and Estate Litigation)
* Sara E. Hauptfuehrer (Employee Benefits/ERISA; Employment/Labor)
* Patrick D. Kelly (Business/Corporate; Health Care)
* Evans L. King Jr. (Mergers and Acquisitions)
* W. Henry Lawrence (Business Litigation; Environmental)
* Randall C. Light (Banking; Business/Corporate; Real Estate Law)
* C. David Morrison (Employment/Labor; Employment Litigation/Defense)
* Jeffrey K. Phillips (Civil Litigation Defense; Employment/Labor; Employment Litigation/Defense)
* Ancil G. Ramey (Appellate Law; Business Litigation)
* Larry J. Rector (Civil Litigation Defense; Employment/Labor; Employment Litigation/Defense)
* Christopher L. Slaughter (Employment/Labor)
* Robert M. Steptoe Jr. (Employment/Labor; Employment Litigation/Defense)
* William D. Wilmoth (Criminal Defense)
* James M. Wilson (Alternative Dispute Resolution; Personal Injury Defense/General; Personal Injury Defense/Medical Malpractice)
Established in 1913, Steptoe & Johnson is no stranger to leading lawyer directories. The attorneys frequently appear in surveys recognizing top practitioners, including Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business, and The Best Lawyers in America. In addition, the firm has achieved the highest rating given by Martindale-Hubbell.
Steptoe & Johnson is a corporate defense firm with particular strengths in energy, labor, employment and litigation. It is comprised of over 185 lawyers resident in seven locations throughout West Virginia and Ohio. For nearly a century, the firm has demonstrated its commitment to quality, personal attention, experience, skill, and resources to client-focused service.
The outcome of the Super Lawyers selection process is the publication of a comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys, which is used as a resource to assist consumers searching for top legal counsel in a particular area of law. The Super Lawyers list is a compilation of peer recognition and professional achievement, which includes the categories of verdicts and settlements, transactions, representative clients, special certifications, pro bono and community service, scholarly lectures and writings, and educational background.