Robin M. Gott vs. The Raymond Corp., Toyota Material Handling U.S.A. Inc., and General Motors Corp.
PA - Edwin Pancake; J - Gray Silver
* Gott claims that a Raymond fork truck that she operated while working for GM was defective and unsafe, and it caused an accident on Dec. 20, 2005, when her foot was crushed and eventually had to be amputated. She claims that the negligence of the defendants Raymond and Toyota caused her injuries, as well as pain and suffering. She also claims GM failed to provide a safe work environment. Gott is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 07-C-879
Gerald W. Messenger and Bernadine Messenger vs. Bank of America; Discover Card, NCO Financial Systems Inc.; Frederick J. Hanna & Associates P.C.; Sears, Roebuck & Co.; Bon Ton Retail Services; and HSBC Retail Services, HSBC Bank Nevada NA
PA - James Kratovil: J - David Sanders
* The Messengers claim the defendants repeatedly ignored their June 2007 request to direct all debt collection correspondences to their attorney. The total calls or correspondences were at least 12, and the plaintiffs are seeking statutory damages of $100 to $1,000 for each incident, actual damages of $10,000 for each incident and other relief.
Case number: 07-C-881
Jefferson Security Bank vs. Wayne T. Walston
PA - Timothy Helman; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The bank claims Walston owes at least $51,599.52 plus interest after failing to meet the terms of a Dec. 22, 2005, loan agreement.
Case number: 07-C-883
Lester T. Pigford vs. Quebecor World Fairfield Inc., Thomas Shellhammer, R.C. Campbell and Kenny Dehaven
PA - Harry Waddell: J - Gray Silver
* Pigford worked at Quebecor from 1990 through May 2, 2007, and he claims the defendants harassed him, discriminated against him because of his race and wrongfully terminated him from employment. He claims the defendants accused him of sleeping on the job before firing him, although he was not sleeping on the job; he had sat down and closed his eyes a few times one evening because of a severe headache. Also, Pigford said white employees who had been accused of sleeping on the job were not fired; they received warnings or suspensions. He is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 07-C-888
Tina Gusovius vs. Gregory Helmick and Nationwide Insurance Co.
PA - David Furrer: J - David Sanders
* The plaintiff claims Helmick's negligence caused an Oct. 25, 2005, vehicle accident in Berkeley County, which resulted in serious permanent injuries. Helmick was an uninsured motorist at the time of the accident, and Gusovius is seeking $250,000 from each of the defendants.
Case number: 07-C-893
Volumatic Inc. vs. Sino Swearingen Aircraft Corp.
PA - Christopher Janelle; J - David Sanders
* The plaintiff obtained a judgment against Sino Swearingen in the District Court of Bexar County, Texas, on Aug. 15, for a debt of $1,307,621.00 plus $8,979.36 in interest and $15,000.00 in attorney's fees.
Case number: 07-C-899