Dorothy Fisher v. Robert Edward Dipietro, Jr., Sissonville, Millertown, Pocatalico and Guthrie Volunteer Fire Department, Inc.
PA – Paul M. Stroebel; J – King
* Dorothy Fisher filed a suit against Robert Dipietro, a volunteer firefighter, after he collided with her car on his way to answer an emergency call. Fisher claims Dipietro turned left across Route 41 in Kanawha County, and hit her vehicle head on. She claims she was injured. Fisher seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number 07-C-2067
Jennifer Totten v. CEC Entertainment, Inc., a corporation, John Doe
PA – Michael T. Clifford; J – Walker
* Jennifer Totten filed a suit against CEC Entertainment, doing business as Chuck E. Cheese, after an employee of the company sexually harassed her. Totten claims she was groped, battered, abused and fondled in a sexual manner, none of which was invited or welcome. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-2071
Iona J. Cole, Executrix of the Estate of William G. Cole v. A.W. Chesterton Company, et al
PA – William K. Schwartz; J – Visiting
* Iona Cole filed an asbestos lawsuit against 42 national and local companies on behalf of her father, William Cole, who died from an asbestos-related disease. William Cole was a furnace operator and laborer in Ravenswood. He died of mesothelioma, contracted from exposure to asbestos while working. Iona Cole seeks compensation for the funeral bill, which was $5,000, and punitive damages for her father's estate.
Case number: 07-C-2089
David Lee Mines v. Southeast Bible Missionary Church
PA – Samuel A. Hrko; J – Stucky
* David Mines, of Kanawha County, filed a suit against Southeast Bible Missionary Church, after he shot a nail through his hand while trying to attach duct work with a nail gun at the church building. Mines claims the church owed him a safe working environment, and that duty was breached. He seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-2099
Joanna Adkins and Michael Voreh v. James H. Bradley, Powell Construction Company, James J. Powell Construction and Erection Company, John Does 1-10
PA – James R. Henry; J – Zakaib
* Joanna Adkins and Michael Voreh filed a suit against James Bradley, a tractor-trailer driver, claiming they were injured when he collided with their vehicle, forcing them off the road. Adkins claims her neck and back was injured during the collision, and Voreh claims he had physical and mental pain and suffering. Adkins also claims that Bradley tried to pay them not to call law enforcement to report the accident. Adkins and Voreh seek compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-2118