Chambersburg Waste Paper Co. Inc. v. Halltown Paperboard
PA-Andrew Benchoff; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Chambersburg Waste has filed a foreign judgment against Halltown to collect a debt of $212,074.58.
Case number: 07-C-372
Rodevell Santos and Bau Le Santos v. Green Valley Mortgage, Cacoctin Mortgage, G.E. Money Bank d/b/a WMC Mortgage Corp., Saxon Mortgage Services Inc.
PA- Aaron Amore ; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* The Santoses claim that the action comes out of predatory lending. Both Rodevell Santos and Bau Le Santos are foreign born and speak, write or read little English. The Santoses were informed that Green Valley could secure a loan for them at a fixed rate of interest and affordable payments. They were unaware of the relationship between Green Valley and Cacoctin and that the businesses falsely represented the income of the Santoses. Green Valley obtained two loans instead of one for the couple. At closing, the Santoses were not provided with hard copies of closing documents. They claim illegal mortgage solicitation; breach of fiduciary duty by the broker; breach of duty of good faith and fair dealing; illegal pursuit of forfeiture; loan origination; predatory lending; illegal loan servicing count and joint venture, conspiracy and agency. They are also seeking injunctive relief to prevent a foreclosure sale.
Case number: 07-C-373
Guaranty Bank v. Chandra Chey, individual and d/b/a Asian Entertainment Magazine/Guide
PA-John Nesisus; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* The bank is seeking the collection of a debt of $45.988.81, dating from May 22, 2007.
Case number: 07-C-374
Tricia Churchey, successor in interest to Patricia A. Myers v. Home Hill Corporation
PA-Richard G. Gay; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Churchey claims that Home Hill entered into an agreement for easement with Myers for 10 acres of land in Shepherdstown. The easement would include allow Home Hill the recovery of golf balls and the common noise level of the golf course. Myers had also agreement to certain covenants to be imposed on the residue parcel. Home Hill also agreed that it would perform obligations until either a year of the agreement or six months following that Myers intended to construct a home on the property. In 1990, Myers terminated earlier covenants as well as conveyed four acre parcel to Home Hill. Myers died on Sept. 15, 1991. Since then, there has been communication between Churchey and Home Hill over the nearly four acres of property. Churchey is claiming breach of contract. Churchey is seeking, among other things, that Home Hill reconvey the nearly 4-acre parcel.
Case number: 07-C-375
Beverly Jean Wilt v. Sandra D. Riley and National Insurance Companies
PA-Peter L. Chakmakin; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* On Nov. 2, 2005, Wilt was traveling on W.Va. 9 toward Charles Town when Riley drove her motor vehicle into the path of Wilt's vehicle. As a result, Wilt has incurred $9,881.97 to date and expects to incur future expenses in the amount of $300,000. Wilt believes that Riley was uninsured/underinsured driver at the time. She is seeking a judgment in the sum of $300,000 as compensatory damages as well as post-judgment interest.
Case number: 07-C-377
Larry Slusher and Zetta Slusher v. C. Blaine Cooper
PA-Joanna Robinson; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* On Nov. 3, 2005, Larry Slusher was driving his car on U.S. 340 when he stopped at a light. Zetta Slusher was a passenger. Cooper rear-ended the Slusher car. Larry Slusher has incurred medical expenses from the physical and mental injuries sustained from the accident. He is seeing compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-380
Nationwide Assurance Company, a subrogree of Darla Jackson, v. Stacie Greenwalt
PA-Ryan S. Marsteler; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* On Nov. 5, 2006, Greenwalt collided with a vehicle driven by Jackson. A result of the accident, Jackson submitted a claim of $26,500 for her personal injuries. Nationwide is seeking the $26,500 as well as pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 07-C-381
David G. Trail v. Shepherd University and Karl Wolf
PA-Harry Waddell; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* As a result of an anonymous complaints that claimed sexual harassment, Trail was fired from his position as softball coach for Shepherd University. Trail claims that Shepherd failed to follow procedures, conduct an adequate investigation and provide a report with findings and conclusions. Trail is claiming deformation. He is also claiming sexual discrimination because he was replaced by a female coach. He is seeking general damages in an amount to be proven at trial, back pay, loss of future anticipated earnings, punitive damages in an amount to be proven at trial and pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 07-C-383
Sherwin Williams Co. v. Hostler Enterprises
PA-Josef Horter Esq.; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Sherwin is seeking to collect a debt from Hostler of $33,105.23.
Case number: 07-C-384
Want to get notified whenever we write about Shepherd University ?
Sign-up Next time we write about Shepherd University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.