Pamela Fisher v. AT&T Mobility LLC, doing business as Cingular Wireless, LLC
PA – J. Michael Ranson; J – Kaufman
* Pamela Fisher, a Jackson County resident, has filed a suit against AT&T Mobility, LLC, when it was doing business as Cingular Wireless. Fisher was an employee of Cingular, at a Putnam County location. She claims she was fired because of her sex, which is a violation of the West Virginia Human Rights Act. Fisher seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-2347
Edmond Hall and Anna Hall v. Clendenin Pharmacy, Inc., a West Virginia Corporation
PA – William M. Tiano; J – Walker
* Edmond Hall filed a suit against a local pharmacy after he was given a larger dosage in a prescription patch than he was prescribed. Hall claims he was supposed to receive a 75mg Duragesic patch, but instead received a 100mg patch. After putting it on, Hall was operating a motor vehicle when he passed out, lost control and drove into a creek. He injured his head, neck and back and was airlifted to Charleston Area Medical Center, where he was hospitalized. Hall seeks damages adequate to compensate he and his wife for their injuries.
Case number: 07-C-2351
Susan Adkins v. CSX Hotels, Inc., a Delaware Corporation
PA – R. Brandon Johnson; J – King
* Susan Adkins filed a suit against the Greenbrier hotel after she was injured at an event in the Colonial Hall ballroom. Adkins claims the hotel staff installed a temporary dance floor, which was not put together properly. Adkins fell and claims she was injured. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-2355
Sondra Roach v. The West Virginia Schools for The Deaf and The Blind, a West Virginia State Institution
PA – David Grunau; J – Walker
* Sondra Roach filed a suit against the West Virginia Schools for The Deaf and The Blind, claiming she was injured when she fell down steps on the schools' campus. Roach, who is deaf, was walking across the campus with her friend Barbara Haines, who is hearing and visually impaired. Haines fell on a set of steps and reached for a handrail, which was not there. Instead, Haines reached for Roach and both women fell. Roach broke her leg in four places and required bed rest, a walker and the use of a leg brace for a year. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-2362
Gordon R. Conley and Billie Conley v. A.W. Chesterton Company, a corporation, et al
PA – William K. Schwartz; J – Visiting
* Gordon Conley filed an asbestos lawsuit against 26 companies, claiming they are at fault for his mesothelioma. Conley worked at Union Carbide Corporation from 1948 to 1985, as an electrician and chief operator. Conley claims the companies knew of the risks their products contained, yet did not educate their employers on the dangers of asbestos. Conley seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-2373
David Holter and Fern Elaine Holter v. A.W. Chesterton Company, a corporation, et al
PA – William K. Schwartz; J – Visiting
* David Holter filed an asbestos lawsuit against 38 companies, claiming they are responsible to the asbestos he was exposed to, which caused his mesothelioma. Holter worked as a laborer and maintenance worker at the Goodyear Plant in Apple Grove, W.Va., from 1965 to 1979. While there, he was exposed to asbestos while tearing off insulation. Holter claims the plant has knowledge of asbestos exposure, asbestosis, cancer and mesothelioma. He seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-2374
Ruth Ann Perdue v. Integrated Health Care Professionals, Inc., doing business as HealthPlus Family Health Center
PA – Pro Se; J – Walker
* Ruth Ann Perdue has filed a suit against HealthPlus Family Health Center, in Cross Lanes, claiming she was injured when she fell on the entrance ramp. Perdue claims an abundance of loose gravel was scattered on the ramp, and caused her to fall. She seeks compensation for her damages.
Case number: 07-C-2375
Katara Sowell v. West Virginia State University Research and Development Corporation, a West Virginia Corporation, Shelvy L. Campbell and Dr. Joseph Kusimo
PA – Glen A. Murphy; J – Walker
* Katara Sowell filed a suit against West Virginia State University Research and Development Corporation as well as two employees of the university claiming she was wrongfully fired and assaulted while working at the school. Sowell claims she was forced to work in a hostile environment while working for Human Resources Director Shelvy L. Campbell and Dr. Joseph Kusimo. Sowell claims she was denigrated, intimidated and assaulted by both Campbell and Kusimo. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-2376
Want to get notified whenever we write about West Virginia State University ?
Sign-up Next time we write about West Virginia State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.