BB&T Sales Finance Inc. v. Mark Everett Rougex
PA-Andrew Frye III; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* On June 24, 2005, Rougex entered into a sales contract for a Dodge Jeep with BB&T for the purchase price of $44,192.50 plus tax. He made a $4,000 payment, but still owes $34,881.65 plus unpaid interest of $1,173.02. BB&T claims to have made several attempts to contact Rougex. The bank is asking for the sheriff of Jefferson County to take possession of the vehicle. BB&T is also seeking the remaining balance.
Case number: 07-C-405
Steve Christian v. Sandra Christian
PA-Gregory Bailey; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Upon his father's death in September 2005, Steve Christian, who was 18 at the time. received $200,000 from his father's life insurance policy. At the time, Sandra Christian had not been married to the deceased for at least 10 years. Steve Christian agreed to deposit his money in joint account with his mother. He claims without his knowledge she purchased a home with his money. He is seeking the money used to purchase the home and all interest and the money be put into a trust. He is seeking punitive damages and attorney fees.
Case number: 07-C-409
Marc S. Bayles v. R&L Foods LLC
PA-James Kratovil; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Bayles was manager from October 2006 to May 20, 2007. He was to work $11.50 an hour for 50 hours of week. Bayles claims R&L did not pay him his wages upon termination. He is claiming breach of contract and violation of the West Virginia Wage Payment Act. He is seeking compensatory damages for emotional distress and loss of wages. He is also seeking monetary damages.
Case number: 07-C-413
Winchester Medical Center v. Allen Chapman
PA-Daniel T. Booth; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Winchester Medical Center is seeking a debt of $41,797.63 plus interest for medical bills dating from April 5, 2007.
Case number: 07-C-417
Leonard G. Ugarenko v. Jennifer Leigh Myers
PA-Joseph Ferretti; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* On Dec. 5, 2005, Ugarenko driving a rental car on U.S. 340 when a vehicle driven by Myers came into his path. Ugarenko sustained injuries to his spin in the accident. He is claiming negligence by Myers. He has incurred medical expenses of $30,000 and expects to incur more. He has also lost wages of $20,000, including incidental expenses with repairing the vehicle he was driving.
Case number: 07-C-424
Dante S. Battista v. Sheetz Inc.
PA-Christopher Janelle; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* On Jan, 17, 2007, Battista was a patron of Sheetz in Shepherdstown when he slipped and fell on an unmarked wet spot in the floor. He sustained injuries including dislodging his pacemaker. He is claiming negligence by Sheetz. He is seeking compensatory damages in excess of $5,000.
Case number: 07-C-430