Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc. vs. Gary W. Williams
PA- Paul Atkins; J- Wilson
* A vehicle loan was made on Oct. 15, 2004, secured by a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado truck. Default occurred and the vehicle was repossessed and sold. A security balance due of $9,204.16 is sought with interest and costs.
Case number: 08-C-05
State of West Virginia ex rel. Darrell V. McGraw Jr., Attorney General v. The Travelers Companies, Inc.
PA- Frances Hughes; J- Mazzone
* Travelers knowingly and willingly participated in conspiracies to restrain trade in an attempt to maximize commissions. This steering occurred in bid rigging from 1999 to June 2004. Judgment is sought decreeing Travelers engaged in Antitrust Act violations.
Case number: 08-C-07
Tammy Nixon v. Highmark West Virginia, Inc. DBA Mountain State Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Georgina John, and Jackie Petersen
PA- Patrick Cassidy and Elisabeth Slater; J- Recht
* During her employment as a full time employee in data entry, from Oct. 22. 2001, to April 5, 2006, Nixon says she suffered with muscular degeneration. She claims Mountain State's discriminatory conduct was intolerable and caused her to resign. She has suffered economically as a result. Compensatory and punitive damages along with fees and costs are requested.
Case number: 08-C-08
George Riding v. Jean Wojcik
PA- Joseph John; J- Mazzone
* A collision occurred on Feb. 24, 2006, for failure to maintain failure to yield right of way, proper lookout, control and speed. Direct and proximate results occurred in lost wages and earning capacity.
Case number: 08-C-10
Teresa L. Thomas and Scott E. Thomas vs. Betty W. Nutting and Raze International, Inc., a corporation
PA-Robert Fitzsimmons; J- Gaughan
* While stopped at a traffic light, failure to yield and maintain proper lookout and control resulted in a rear end collision. Direct and proximate results incurred expenses for medical care in the amount of $17,816.75 and lost wages of $6,819.84. Damages, jointly and severally, for costs and prosecution of this case are sought.
Case number: 08-C-11
Ford Motor Credit Company v. Eric T. Blass
PA- Jason Causey; J- Gaughan
* Blass claims that Ford Credit failed to allege damages and is barred from attempting to collect a debt as defined by West Virginia Consumer Credit Protection Act.
Case number: 08-C-09
Want to get notified whenever we write about
State of West Virginia
Next time we write about
State of West Virginia,
we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.
Sign-up for Alerts
Organizations in this Story
State of West Virginia