John Doe I vs. The Roman Catholic Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston, Bishop Michael J. Bransfield, Bishop Bernard William Schmitt, and Barbara Jane Arbogast, Executrix of the Estate of Charles E. McCallister, deceased
PA: Alan Perer and Carl Frankovitch; J- Mazzone
* A minor was about 15 years old when he was first sexually abused. It is claimed Bishop Bransfield and Schmitt and the Diocese should have known that Father McCallister had a propensity for molesting minor parishioners and his position would create situation where he would sexual harm other minor parishioners. Direct and proximate result deliberate injuries were sustained and damages are sought.
Case number: 08-C-68
Robert E. Hammond and Lois V. Hammond v. Roy L. Ernest, Jr.; Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company; Carole Fisher; and Gabriela Martin
PA: Brann Altymeyer; J- Gaughan
* Judgment is sought to sufficiently compensate Hammond's for their injuries and losses; plus prejudgment interest on all items of ascertainable pecuniary loss to the date of the trial, plus costs incurred with prosecution.
Case number: 08-C-69
Attila A. Lenkey, Jr., M.D. v. West Virginia Mutual Insurance Company
PA: James Companion; J- Recht
* His medical malpractice insurance was renewed in two subsequent years but was informed that it would not be renewed in March 2008. Relief is sought to enjoin Mutual from refusing to renew Lenkey's insurance coverage and other relief deemed proper.
Case number: 08-C-73
Pledged Property, II, LLC v. Rickie D. Pritt, Jr. and Amy K. Pritt
PA: Sarah Crichigno; J- Wilson
* A judgment is sought to void foreclosure and reform the legal description in the Deed of Trust and declare that an equitable lien exists and rule that the Estate has been unjustly enriched, along with attorney's fees and appropriate costs.
Case number: 08-C-74
Eddie E. Dajchak vs. Paul R. Hodgekiss
PA: Jacob Robinson; J-Wilson
* A collision occurred on Feb. 16, 2006 for failure to maintain control, look out and proper speed. Compensatory damages are sought for medical sundry expenses, along with costs for this action.
Case number: 08-C-76
Albert Emery v. Liam P. Hall
PA: William Gallagher; J- Recht
* On Nov. 9, 2006, while traveling as a passenger and temporarily stopped on the ramp of I470, his vehicle was rear- ended which caused extensive personal injury, economic loss and medical expenses in excess of $100,000.00. Compensation for losses and damages are sought.
Case number: 08-C-77
Ashley R. Reese vs. Phillip Pollack, M.D also known as E. Phillips Pollack, M.D.
PA: James Connolly; J- Gaughan
* On Jan. 18, 2005, she had breast reduction surgery. The incision was to be in the inframammary fold to hide the scar from being seen. The incision was made on the front of each breast. As direct result she has suffered discomfort, distress, permanent injury and will incur additional medical expenses.
Case number: 08-C-80
Edward D. Monroe vs. William M. Donohew, III, William Scott Donohew, and Donohew Construction Limited Liability Company
PA: Jeffrey McCamic; J-Wilson
* A breach of contract is claimed for failure to complete portions of construction. Judgment is sought for $25,000.00, along with damages for his inconvenience and costs.
Case number: 08-C-84
Want to get notified whenever we write about
West Virginia Mutual Insurance
Next time we write about
West Virginia Mutual Insurance,
we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.
Sign-up for Alerts
Organizations in this Story
West Virginia Mutual Insurance