Laura Lewis and Ronald Lewis v. Yamaha Motor Corporation USA, K & T Cycles, Inc. and K & T Cycles, Inc., trading as Romney Cycle Center
PA: Mary Williams; J-Recht
* It is claimed an ATV purchased was not fitted with necessary safety features and injury was suffered on Oct. 2, 2006, when it rolled over onto her and caused permanent disfigurement to her hand. Compensatory and punitive damages are sought.
Case number: 08-C-85
Amy Scyoc and Raymond Scyoc, her husband vs. Guardian Elder Care at Wheeling, LLC, a West Virginia Limited Liability Corporation, d/b/a Peterson Rehabilitation Hospital and Geriatric Center
PA: Frank Duff; J- Wilson
* While traveling as a passenger in a vehicle owned by Peterson, traveled over a one lane bridge and struck same, on Oct. 10, 2006. As a direct and proximate result of sustained injuries, hospital expenses and lost wages will continue in the future. Judgment of $74,999.99 for compensatory damages is sought.
Case number: 08-C-86
Shirley Vargo, doing business as Century 21, A. Shirley Vargo Realty vs. Robert J. Helfer
PA: Thomas McIntire; J- Wilson
* A contract was entered on May 2, 2007, to list real estate. Damages from a breach of contract resulted in loss for which costs and compensatory damages are sought.
Case number: 08-C-90
Michael O'Dell Dennis Habeas Corpus Petitioner v. State of West Virginia, Division of Corrections, Teresa Waid, Warden, Huttonsville Correctional Center
PA: Andrew Price; J- Recht
* Petition was filed challenging the decision of the parole board to credit time served.
Case number: 08-C-91
Alison Maltony and Bryan Maltony v. Ohio Valley Builders, Inc.
PA: Joseph John; J- Mazzone
* In 2002, a family residence was constructed on 116 Westgate Drive. As a direct proximate result of the breach of contract, damages have been suffered with expense incurred returning property to its proper condition. Judgment is sought.
Case number: 08-C-92
Deborah Jo Bushon and Michael Wayne Bushon, her husband v. Cara Maine Vellenoweth and Susan Vellenoweth and Susan Vellenoweth
PA:R. Gregory McDermott; J- Gaughan
* On March 2, 2006, at the corner of Route 40 and Lincoln Drive, a collision occurred when her path was driven into. Compensatory damages are sought for her suffering.
Case number: 08-C-93
Lauree Dile vs. Larry A. Lemmon
PA: Thomas McIntire; J- Recht
* Her vehicle was driven into while stopped at a stop sign on Mar. 5, 2006. As a direct and proximate result of this negligence, she suffers and believes she will continue to incur future bills. Compensatory and punitive damages are sought.
Case number: 08-C-94
Kelly M. Zambito vs. Clestene A. Hines
PA: Scott Blass; J- Wilson
* While stopped on Route 88 to let a deer cross the road, Zamito says she was rear ended. Medical bills and lost wages are claimed due to the injuries sustained. Compensatory judgment is sought.
Case number: 08-C-95
Tina D. Dallison v. Wetzel County Hospital and George G. Couch
PA: Walt Auvil; J- Recht
* Until her termination on July 7, 2006, she was employed by Wetzel or its predecessors since May 1986. Her reports of Dr. Syler's actions of conduct while working under the influence caused the discriminatory retaliation of employment termination. Reinstatement of her position, payment of back wages, full reinstatement of fringe benefits and seniority rights, actual damages, costs of litigati0n, including reasonable attorneys fees and other appropriate relief is sought.
Case number: 08-C-96