Yellow Book Sales & Distributing Co. Inc. vs. A&L Floors LLC and Debra Orem
PA-Stephen L. Gaylock; J-Eagloski
* Yellow Book says A&L and Orem owe $12,568.27 for directory advertising services. It seeks that amount plus pre- and post-judgment interest, attorney fees, court costs and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-75
Foodmasters LLC vs. Tammy Davis
PA-Thomas H. Vanderford IV; J-Eagloski
* On Sept. 30, 2005, Foodmasters leased premises near Eleanor to A&E Auctions. In March 2007, Davis assumed the lease. Payments for October, December, January, February and March have not been made. Foodmasters says Davis owes $7,250 plus interest, court costs, attorney fees and other expenses and relief.
Case number: 08-C-79
Prime Knit Inc. vs. Balzout Inc.
PA-Paul S. Atkins; J-Spaulding
* The New York-based plaintiff says Balzout owes it $80,406.50. It seeks that amount plus interest and costs.
Case number: 08-C-82
Joseph C. Estep Jr. and Melissa Estep vs. Brenda S. Trigg, Bobby W. (Bob) Johnson II and Closer Look Home Inspections LLC
PA-David C. Mincer; J-Spaulding
* The Esteps claim Trigg, the former owner of their Poca home, falsely stated that she knew of no structural damage to the home and that Johnson and Closer Look should have seen structurual damage to the back wall of the home. They seek compensatory joint and several damages, punitive damages, attorney fees, court costs, pre- and post-judgment interest and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-84
E. Ross Burks vs. Mountaineer Grading Company
PA-Kevin W. Thompson; J-Spaulding
* Burks allowed Mountaineer Grading to deposit certain waste from the relocation of U.S. 35 project on his properties. He says that does not include Mountaineer to dispose of standing timber without his permission. He says the defendant's employees and agents removed and sold his timber. He seeks compensatory and punitive damages, costs and interests.
Case number: 08-C-86
Jack and Mary Woodall et al vs. Appalachian Power Company dba American Electric Power and AEP
PA-Stuart Calwell; J-Eagloski
* A potential class action filed on behalf of residents near AEP's John Amos Power Plant, the complaint says that fallout from the plant on Nov. 1, 2007, landed on homes, vehicles and property of residents of Poca, Raymond City and surrounding areas and left a white to tan chemical substance covering the properties. The plaintiffs seek compensatory and punitive damages as well as attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-90