Dun-Rite Inc. vs. Kris E. Stewart, George R. Stewart, Jefferson Security Bank and M. Wayne Goodrich, as trustee
PA - Kathy Santa Barbara; J - Gray Silver
* The plaintiff claims the Stewarts, who are husband and wife, entered into a sales agreement and residential construction contract on June 24, 2006, but they have failed and refused to pay the balance of $66,090.00. The plaintiff is seeking that amount plus other relief. The bank and Goodrich are parties in the suit for notice purposes only.
Case number: 08-C-397
Jonathan Berens and Thomas Sanchez vs. Monte Spurgeon, Melvyn Spurgeon, John Doe 1 and John Doe 2
PA - Stephen Skinner; J - Gray Silver
* The plaintiffs claim the defendants made hateful and insulting comments to them on Feb. 18, 2007, in a bar called Oriole's, before following the plaintiffs outside and attacking them. The plaintiffs each suffered severe pain and injuries to their heads, necks and shoulders, after the defendants hit, punched and kicked them. The plaintiffs are seeking an amount of relief to be determined at trial.
Case number: 08-C-400
Jennifer E. Reeves vs. City of Martinsburg
PA - Terrance Britt; J - Christopher Wilkes
* Reeves claims she was injured on Oct. 23, 2007, after she fell in a pothole located near her home on West Burke Street in Martinsburg. She claims the defendant was negligent and failed to maintain the roadway in a reasonably safe condition, creating a hidden danger. The plaintiff is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 08-C-431
City Hospital Inc. vs. Matthew Wenk
PA - Christopher Moore; J - David Sanders
* The hospital claims Wenk owes at least $29,764.60 plus interest for a total of $31,775.11 for medical services and supplies provided to him in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
Case number: 08-C-435
Erin McConnell vs. Harris F. Brown
PA - Lawrence Schultz; J - David Sanders
* McConnell claims Brown's negligence and recklessness caused a vehicle accident on March 30, 2006, and the plaintiff, who was a passenger in the vehicle that Brown struck, suffered right shoulder and neck strain, as well as medical expenses and lost wages. She is seeking at least $50,000 in compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-444
City Hospital Inc. vs. Mary Ann Coddington
PA - Christopher Moore; J - Gray Silver
* The hospital claims Coddington owes at least $22,757.48 plus interest for a total of $27,830.94 for medical services and supplies provided to her in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
Case number: 08-C-457