Alita Scott vs. Jessica Lynn Browning, West Virginia Department of Administration, and West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
PA- David Robinson; J-Wilson
* On March 14, 2006, while traveling on National Road, at the I-70 intersection, failure to yield right of way and maintain speed and control caused a collision. Damages are sought, jointly and severally, to the maximum of the State's liability coverage.
Case number: 08-C-157
Terri Lynn Daniels and Thomas Daniels v. Target Corporation, a Minnesota Corporation, and The Ohio County Development Authority, a West Virginia Public Corporation
PA- Scott Blass; J- Gaughan
* While entering the store from the parking lot, she slipped and fell on black ice. As a direct and proximate result of Target's negligent failure to clear or salt the surface area, she was transported by ambulance to Wheeling Hospital. Compensation for injuries sustained is sought.
Case number: 08-C-158
Cynthia Orwick, aka Cynthia L. Orwick, Executrix of the Estate of Greg Orwick, aka Gregory Allen Orwick, Deceased, vs. Centre Foundry & Machine Co., a West Virginia corporation, and Crane America Services, Inc., an Ohio corporation
PA- Robert Fitzsimmons; J- Gaughan
* While working as a maintenance electrician and servicing a crane and whose electrical power was not shut off, he came into contact with energized lines causing him to be electrocuted and killed. The main disconnect and breaker switch were not legibly identified. A jury trial is sought against this gross negligence.
Case number: 08-C-159
James Allen Smith and Josephine L. Smith vs. Matthew W. Ward and Werner Enterprises, Inc., a corporation
PA- Robert Fitzsimmons; J- Wilson
* While traveling I-70 West, near Wheeling tunnel, on June 27, 2006, a rear end collision occurred. Compensatory damages are sought, jointly and severally.
Case number: 08-C-161
Citifinancial, Inc. v. Jeffrey M. Dobrzynski
PA- Jason Long; J-Wilson
* A loan was financed and monthly payments of $138.01 were defaulted on March 2008. The conditions of the Notice of Right to Cure default have not been met. Judgment of $5,691.95 is requested.
Case number: 08-C-165