Dena D. Crosbie and Shawn N. Stephens v. Aramark Corp.
PA-Harry Waddell; J-Gina Groh
* Crosbie and Stephens were involuntarily terminated by Aramark on Oct. 29, 2007, and claim their former employer failed to pay their wages within 72 hours of termination. They are seeking liquidated damages for and in violation of West Virginia Wage Payment and Collection Art as well as pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 08-C-150
Santos Medrano v. Derek R. Burks
PA-Stephen Skinner; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* On April 15 2006, Medrano was a passenger in a car driven by Ovidio Quintanilla, when Burks failed to control his vehicle and crashed into the back of Quintanilla's car. Medrano sustained injuries in the accident. He believes he is entitled for under insured motorist coverage with Nationwide Mutual. His is looking for compensation for injuries he sustained in the accident.
Case number: 08-C-152
Liberty Street Enterprises LLC v. Jonathan Fertal and Daniel P. Campbell
PA-Steve Camilletti; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Fertal and Campbell were managers of Liberty and required to report their affairs on behalf of the restaurant CW Tiffins. On April 13, Liberty entered Fertal and Campbell's business office and secured records, computers, and sums of money and payroll checks located in the business Liberty claims it needs all the information to pay its creditors and employees. Liberty is seeking a preliminary injunction directing Fertal and Campbell to permit the copying of hard drives on the computers used while conducting business for the LLC; preliminary injunction directing Fertal and Campbell to immediately turn over all information necessary to operate the LLC's business; preliminary and permanent injunction enjoining Fertal and Campbell from expending any sums under their dominion and control; preliminary injunction directing that the cash seized by used for the purposes of paying April 15, 2008, payroll and such further relief the court deems just and proper.
Case number: 08-C-153
Roy S. Rasmusen v. Keiyshad Cornell
PA-Paul E. Lane; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Rasmusen was operating a motorcycle when the car Cornell was driving struck him sending him propelling 25 feet into the air. He sustained injuries from the accident. He is seeking compensatory damages, statutory interest and prejudgment and post judgment interest.
Case number: 08-C-154
Bank of Charles Town v. IndyMac Bank, F.S.B, EMC Mortgage Corp. and Management Information Company of America
PA-Stephen Skinner; J-Thomas Step toe Jr.
* Bank of Charles Town is seeking declaratory judgment and in the alternative to quiet title over a piece of property in Ranson that was conveyed from Ronald L. Kern and Traci L. Kern to Robert F. BaronnerBaronner Jr. by deed of trust Nov. 19, 2004. The Kerns defaulted on the Bank of Charles Town Deed of Trust. A substitute trustee advertised and sold the property at public sale. The bank was the highest bidder. The bank discovered that the property was subject to a first lien deed of trust by the Kerns securing IndyMac in the original face amount of $102, 6000 and recorded in the clerk's office. The bank contacted IndayMac to clear the title, but IndyMac had no record. EMC contacted the bank offering to sell the bank the IndyMac loan, but would not provide any proof of ownership. The bank wants the court to determine whether the IndyMac loan is paid, determine the amount due on the IndyMac loan if any, release the IndyMac loan if no person proves the loan is valid and subsisting; determine that Bank of Charles Town is the owner of the property and no subject to the loan, appoint a special commission to release the loan and deed of trust, determine such other and further relief to which the bank is entitled and require the defendants to pay the costs.
Case number: 08-C-157
Jennifer Porterfield v. R.M. Staubs Enterprises d/b/a Stonewalls at Tony's Pizza
PA-Mark Carbone; J-Thomas Steptoe Jr.
* Porterfield entered Tony's Pizza and walked to the stairs to go to Stonewalls on the lower level. She slipped on some liquid on the steps and fell down the steps. She claims the area was poorly lit. She also claims liquid was on the steps because two patrons were asked to leave and threw liquid on the steps in front of management. She is seeking past and future pain and suffering; lost wages past and future; past and future medical bills; permanent injury and mental anguish.
Case number: 08-C-158
Brackenridge Construction v. R.J. Brown & Sons Electric LLC.
* Brackenridge has filed a foreign judgment against R.J. Brown & Sons. Brackenridge demands that he judgment of the Allegheny County, Court of Common Pleas for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania be granted full faith and credit and that a judgment be entered in the amount of $1,807,159.80 plus costs.
Case number: 08-C-166
Cliffside LLC v. Jefferson County Board of Zoning Appeals, Thomas Trumble, Jeff Bresee, Tiffany Lee Hine, Christy Huddle and Edwin T. Kelly II
* Cliffside has filed a writ of certiorari challenging the decision of the Jefferson County of Zoning Appeals that denied the variance requires to allow for full use of the electronic reader sign at the place of business. Cliffside requests that the Board of Zoning failing to approve the Variance Request should be reversed and the actions of the board should be declared unlawful. Cliffside is also seeking costsa and attorney fees.
Case number: 08-C-167