Carson Bryan, Administrator of the Estate of William Cecil Vandrey vs. Susan A. Watts & Fidelity & Deposit Company of Maryland
PA- Joseph J. John; J- Recht
* Bryan claims Watts, who was the original administrator of the estate of Vandrey, unlawfully withdrew funds nearing $82,000 from Vandrey's former savings account at the Fidelity and Deposit Company of Maryland. Bryan alleges Watts failed to truly and faithfully perform the duties of her job and also holds the bank liable. He seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-187
GE Money Bank vs. Joann McCormick
PA- Andrea K. Reynolds; J- Gaughan
* McCormick owes GE Money Bank a debt of $18,716.85 on a past due account. GE seeks that amount plus interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 08-C-191
Wheeling Hospital, Inc. vs. Zavata, Inc. & Apollo Health Street, Inc.
PA- William E. Watson; J- Wilson
* Wheeling Hospital alleges a breach of contract on the count of the defendants resulting in monetary losses exceeding $1 million. They seek damages in excess of that amount and declaratory judgment determining the legal rights and obligations of the two parties under the Master BPO Agreement and Statement of Work.
Case number: 08-C-195
Jeffrey Arensberg vs. James A. Mitcham & the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; J- Wilson
* The two parties were involved in an auto accident that, according to Arensberg, occurred as a direct result of carelessness, negligence, and recklessness on the count of Mitcham, who was working for the DOH. Arensberg seeks compensatory damages as well as damages for pain and suffering and emotional anguish.
Case number: 08-C-198
Judith Dobrich vs. Donald Dobrich
PA- John L. Allen; J- Gaughan
* The defendant was left a parcel of property by his deceased mother. Because he owes the plaintiff an unpaid sum from a previous judgment in another court, however, she seeks that an undivided one-third of the real estate be levied upon and sold to satisfy the outstanding debt. She also seeks interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 08-C-200
Liberty Mutual Group vs. Glenn Conaway
PA- Ryan S. Marsteller; J- Gaughan
* Liberty Mutual Group alleges negligence and unjust enrichment on the count of Conaway and thus seeks declaratory judgment in the amount of $5,642.85 plus interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 08-C-203
Brian Keith Richards and Christine Richards vs. Andrew R. Wildman
PA- Eric M. Gordon; J- Mazzone
* The two parties were involved in an auto accident that, according to the Richards, occurred as a direct result of carelessness, negligence, and recklessness on the count of Wildman. The Richards's seeks compensation for property damages and medical expenses incurred as well as damages for pain and suffering and emotional anguish.
Case number: 08-C-204
Kimberly Campbell vs. Mount de Chantal Visitation Academy, Inc., & Sisters of the Visitation of Holy Mary of Mount de Chantal, Inc.
PA- Stephen D. Herndon; J- Gaughan
* Campbell claims she issued a check to the defendants in the amount of $16,250 for her daughter's tuition payment. Soon after, her daughter chose not to attend the school, but Mount de Chantal refused to refund the tuition payment. Campbell seeks that amount plus interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 08-C-206
George Frangos & Jessica Frangos vs. Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company & Jamison Wilkinson
PA- Frank X. Duff; J- Wilson
* As a result of an auto accident, the plaintiffs allege unfair trade practices, unfair claim settlement practices, misrepresentation, failure to disclose, deception, breach of contract and fraud, among other claims on the count of the defendants. They seek compensatory and punitive damages as well as attorney fees.
Case number: 08-C-214
St. Clair Village Mobile Homes, Inc. vs. Housing Showcase Mobile Homes, Inc., & Samuel L. Harris
PA- Patrick J. McDermott; J- Mazzone
* The defendants owe St. Clair Village Mobile Homes, Inc., a sum of $141,866.66 pursuant to a promissory note for their failure to make previously arranged required annual installment payments. St. Clair Village Mobile Homes, Inc., seeks that amount plus interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 08-C-216
Jeanette Maynard vs. Cornerstone Family Services of West Virginia, LLC d/b/a Halcyon Hills Memorial Gardens, et al.
PA- Patrick J. McDermott
* Maynard alleges breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation, unfair and deceptive practices, and infliction of emotional distress after purchasing with her husband a double burial plot for both of them. Upon her husband's death, the defendants failed to follow their original agreement and required Maynard to pay an extra sum for the double plot to be available. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-218
Shannon M. Tustin vs. Motorists Mutual Insurance Company
PA- Anthony I. Werner; J- Gaughan
* Tustin was involved in an auto accident that was not her fault. Her insurance coverage only offered her $20,000, an incomplete part of her coverage plan. She alleges breach of contract, breach of good faith and dealing, and unfair claim settlement practices. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages as well as interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 08-C-219
Norma Moore, Executrix of the Estate of Lawrence Dale Moore vs. Melvin Tabor
PA- Paul J. Harris; J- Recht
* Moore claims that Tabor interfered with her ability to execute her duties as Executrix of the Estate. She also alleges that Tabor physically threatened her on several occasions in her attempts to conduct business as the Estate's Executrix. She seeks a restraining order against Tabor as well as damages and attorneys' fees.
Case number: 08-C-220