Beneficial West Virginia, Inc. vs. Laura J. Nolan
PA- Kurt J. Winter; J- Karl
* Nolan owes Beneficial West Virginia, Inc., $14,824.50 plus 27 percent interest. Beneficial West Virginia, Inc., seeks that amount plus attorneys' fees.
Case number: 08-C-109
Joseph Braddock vs. Evelyn Siefert, Warden, et al.
PA- John D. Hoffman; J- Karl
* Braddock, an inmate at a West Virginia Department of Corrections facility, alleges he was administered improper medical care and treated with indifference by the medical staff at the prison. He seeks proper care and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-111
John Crane, Inc. vs. Continental Casualty Company and Continental Insurance Company, et al.
PA- George J. Anetakis; J- Madden
* John Crane, Inc., a defendant in another lawsuit, is alleged to be liable for injury/sickness and disease from asbestos exposure. They seek declaratory judgment on all related claims so that applicable dates of exposure incidences are established and they know what their insurance will require as a result of the incidences.
Case number: 08-C-112
Kevin Snyder and Deborah Snyder vs. Babcock and Wilcox Construction Company, Inc., and The Ohio Power Company d/b/a AEP, et al.
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; J- Karl
* Snyder claims he was injured while employed by the defendants when a bundle of metal fell onto a walking surface where he was located. He alleges negligence and carelessness on the part of the defendants and seeks damages and attorneys' fees.
Case number: 08-C-113
Cheryl Dougherty vs. Ramona Cerra and John Cook, et al.
PA- Harry F. Bell, Jr., and Charles R. Webb; J- Madden
* Dougherty alleges common law fraud, misrepresentation, joint venture, and civil conspiracy on the part of the defendants after omissions on annuities she purchased for her retirement fund. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-116
Eula Mae Koontz vs. Richard Koontz and Helen M. Koontz
PA- Charlene M. Foose; J- Madden
* Eula Koontz alleges negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, and breach of contract on the part of the defendants. She claims Richard Koontz owes $12,570.00 as a result of wrongful and illegal actions performed while he was the plaintiff's power of attorney. She seeks that amount plus other damages.
Case number: 08-C-118
Michael W. Schmidt and Brenda Schmidt vs. Bayer Corporation and Bayer Material Science, LLC, et al.
PA- Guy R. Bucci; J- Karl
* Mr. Schmidt, a technician at Bayer Corporation, claims he was exposed to touline -2,4 diisocynate, commonly known as TDI, when a tank car dispursed the substance on him. As a result of the incident, he was diagnosed with permanent injuries including a major depressive disorder with psychotic symptoms. He alleges the defendants violated West Virginia State Code and seeks compensatory and punitive damages as well as interest and attorneys' fees.
Case number: 08-C-121
Beneficial West Virginia, Inc. vs. Cassaundrae Nettles
PA- Kurt J. Winter; J- Karl
* Nettles owes Beneficial West Virginia, Inc., $10,553.72 on a loan agreement plus 27 percent interest. Beneficial West Virginia, Inc., alleges a breach of contract and unjust enrichment on the part of Nettles, and seeks the aforesaid amount plus attorneys' fees.
Case number: 08-C-125
Melissa Sue Richmond vs. General Motors Corporation, et al.
PA- William J. Ihlenfeld, II; J- Madden
* Richmond claims she purchased a faulty vehicle from the defendant. She alleges a violation of West Virginia Lemon Laws, a breach of contract, a breach of implied and expressed warranties, and a violation of the West Virginia Consumer Credit Protection Act. She seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 08-C-126
Frontier Insurance vs. Donald Dellget and Michelle Dellget
PA- Daniel T. Booth; J- Karl
* The Dellgets owe Frontier Insurace $196,120.19 plus 8.25 percent interest per annum. Frontier Insurance seeks that amount plus attorneys' fees.
Case number: 08-C-129
Citifinancial, Inc. vs. Ray D. Harding and Ruby M. Harding
PA- Jason S. Long; J- Madden
* The Hardings owe Citifinancial, Inc., $10,011.17 plus interest. Citifinancial, Inc., seeks that amount plus attorneys' fees.
Case number: 08-C-134
Richard and Linda Conner vs. Hunnell and Associates, Inc., d/b/a Auto Choice, et al.
PA- Gerasimos (Jerry) Sklavounakis; J- Madden
* The Conners claim they fell on a water hose located near a car wash owned by the defendant. They allege negligence and carlessness on the part of the defendant and seek compensatory damages for permanent injuries and subsequent medical expenses incurred.
Case number: 08-C-136
Ronald J. Reilley and Jane Ryan, et al. vs. Daniel Holmes
PA- Rodney T. Berry; J- Karl
* The plaintiffs claim that Holmes is refusing to allow them to remove their personal property from a piece of real estate owned by Holmes. They seek permission to access Holmes' real estate so that their property may be returned to them.
Case number: 08-C-139
Danny J. Taylor vs. West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways
PA- David C. White; J- Karl
* Taylor claims that he was denied a job promotion while employed for the defendant. He claims he was the only applicant for the job and alleges discrimination and a violation of West Virginia State Code. He seeks compensatory and punitive damages for lost wages and emotional anguish.
Case number: 08-C-141
Beneficial West Virginia, Inc. vs. Marketta L. Anderson
PA- Kurt J. Winter; J- Karl
* Anderson owes Beneficial West Virginia, Inc., $17,149.38 plus 18 percent interest on a loan agreement. Beneficial West Virginia, Inc., alleges a breach of contract and unjust enrichment, and seeks the aforesaid amount plus attorneys' fees.
Case number: 08-C-143