CHARLESTON -- Jackson Kelly is pleased to announce that 28 of the firm's West Virginia lawyers have been named as Super Lawyers in the 2008 issue of Super Lawyers.
The firm's Environmental and Energy and Natural Resource Practices each had more lawyers recognized than any other firm in West Virginia.
Jackson Kelly's 2008 Super Lawyers in West Virginia are:
* Larry W. Blalock (Employment & Labor, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury Defense)
* Marcia A. Broughton (Estate Planning & Probate, Tax, Trust & Estate Litigation)
* Robert J. Busse (Workers' Compensation)
* Ellen Cappellanti (Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, Corporate, Real Estate)
* Stephen R. Crislip (Professional Liability: Defense, General Litigation, and Construction Litigation)
* William F. Dobbs Jr. (Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, Corporate, Business Litigation)
* Charles D. Dunbar (Banking, Corporate Governance /Compliance, Securities/Corporate Finance)
* A.L. Emch (Business Litigation, Civil Litigation Defense, Personal Injury Defense: Products)
* Michael M. Fisher (Personal Injury Plaintiff: General)
* David M. Flannery (Environmental, Employment Litigation: Defense, Energy & Natural Resources)
* Robert D. Fluharty (Real Estate, Energy & Natural Resources)
* Thomas J. Hurney Jr. (Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice & General, Health Care)
* Stephen M. LaCagnin (Employment & Labor, Personal Injury Defense: General)
* Cheryl H. Ledbetter (Employment & Labor)
* Barbara Little (Environmental)
* J. Rudy Martin (Alternative Dispute Resolution, Insurance Coverage, Civil Litigation Defense)
* William S. Mattingly (Workers' Compensation)
* Thomas N. McJunkin (Energy & Natural Resources, Utilities)
* Robert G. McLusky (Environmental, Environmental Litigation, Energy & Natural Resources)
* Thomas E. Potter (Real Estate, Land Use/Zoning, Non-Profit)
* Dennis C. Sauter (Personal Injury Defense: General & Products, Business Litigation)
* Albert F. Sebok (Employment & Labor, Energy & Natural Resources)
* Douglas A. Smoot (Administrative Law, Appellate, Workers' Compensation)
* James R. Snyder (Environmental)
* James W. Thomas (Health Care)
* Michael B. Victorson (Personal Injury Defense: Products & General, Class Action/Mass Torts)
* Taunja Willis-Miller (Bonds/Government Finance, Health Care, Business/Corporate)
* Roger A. Wolfe (Employment & Labor)
Super Lawyer accepts only peer nominations who have personally observed the nominated attorney in action, whether as opposing counsel or co-counsel, or through other firsthand observation in the courtroom. Each lawyer is given a score based on the number of nominations he or she receives and the source of those nominations. Nominations received from lawyers in other firms count for significantly more points than nominations received from lawyers in the same firm. The goal for Super Lawyer is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys.
Jackson Kelly represents global corporations, national companies, small businesses, and entrepreneurs. Founded in 1822, the firm has grown to 165 lawyers practicing out of 10 offices in West Virginia, Kentucky, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C.
For more information, visit the firm's Web site at www.jacksonkelly.com.