CHARLESTON -- Spilman Thomas & Battle, one of the largest law firms in the region, recently announced attorney rankings in 2008 Super Lawyers.
The objective of the Super Lawyers selection process is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys from more than 70 practice areas that can be used as a resource to assist attorneys and consumers in the search for legal counsel.
Polling, research and selection are performed by Law & Politics, a publication of Key Professional Media, Inc. The methodology includes a statewide nomination process, peer review by practice area and independent research.
After receiving excellent rankings from the interviewees, the following Spilman attorneys were named Super Lawyers in West Virginia in their respective fields. They are:
* John F. Allevato, Estate Planning & Probate
* M. Ann Bradley, Environmental
* Kevin L. Carr, Employment & Labor
* Marey Casey, General Litigation
* T. Randolph Cox, Government Relations
* Eric W. Iskra, Employment & Labor
* Bruce M. Jacobs, Business Litigation
* Neva G. Lusk, Personal Injury Defense: Products
* Joyce F. Ofsa, Real Estate
* Don C. A. Parker, Insurance Coverage
* Niall A. Paul, Civil Litigation Defense
* Arch W. Riley Jr., Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
* James A. Walls, Business Litigation
* Charles L. Woody, Employment & Labor
Spilman Thomas & Battle is a full-service law firm with more than 100 attorneys. Founded in 1864, Spilman has offices in Charleston, Morgantown and Wheeling in West Virginia; Pittsburgh, Pa.; Winston-Salem, N.C.; and Roanoke, Va.