HUNTINGTON -- Huddleston Bolen, a law firm in West Virginia and Kentucky, has been recognized by Super Lawyers publication.
The publication has named six attorneys to their list of outstanding lawyers. Partners Fred Adkins, Richard Bolen, Tom Gilpin, Christopher Plybon, Bruce Stout and Marc Williams were honored in the publication. All attorneys also were recognized by the publication in 2007.
The objective of Super Lawyers Publication is to create a credible list of prominent attorneys that can be used as a resource for other attorneys and consumers. Super Lawyers is published as a supplement in leading newspapers and magazines and reaches more than 13 million readers.
Over 800,000 attorneys were invited to participate, yet fewer than 5 percent of those nominated were selected. To be chosen, attorneys are nominated by their peers and reviewed by an extensive panel. The selection process includes the evaluation of verdicts and settlements, representative clients, experience, and other honors and awards.
Each attorney has been recognized in various areas of practice:
* Fred Adkins: Transportation/Maritime, Professional Liability, Personal Injury Defense;
* Richard Bolen: Energy & Natural Resources, Real Estate;
* Tom Gilpin: Energy & Natural Resources, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, Health Care;
* Christopher Plybon: Real Estate, Energy & Natural Resources, Business/Corporate;
* Bruce Stout: Estate Planning & Probate, Trust & Estate Litigation, Elder Law;
* Marc Williams: Class Action/Mass Torts, Business Litigation, Transportation/Maritime.
"We are pleased that many of our attorneys have been recognized. I know they are outstanding attorneys, but for Super Lawyers to also recognize them is a great accomplishment," said Gilpin, Chair of the firm's Management Committee.
Huddleston Bolen represents clients in areas such as litigation, transportation law, corporate business law, estates and trusts, healthcare, banking and finance, and real estate.
Celebrating 130 years, Huddleston Bolen operates through their offices in Huntington; Charleston; Louisville, Ky.; and Ashland, Ky.
More information about Huddleston Bolen can be found at www.huddelstonbolen.com.