Angela Smith vs. CSX Transportation Inc., Jay Fleenor, Gerry Williams III
PA-Mark A. Atkinson, Charles R. Webb; J-Thompson
* Smith, an 11-year employee of CSX, accused management employee Ernest W. Knick of sexual harassment in July 2007 in Clifton Forge, Va. Clay Newsome reportedly told Knick his actions were improper. Complaint says Smith and Newsome reported the behavior to Fleenor in Huntington who then reported it to Williams. Knick then was transferred to Grafton, where Smith worked, creating "an impossible working environment." On April 13, Smith was "constructively discharged" from her management position and had to return to a lesser paying job in Boone County. She says defendants' actions or inactions violate the West Virginia Human Rights Act. She seeks lost wages and benefits.
Case number: 08-C-96
Rebecca J. Bell vs. Perry and Teddi Williams dba Williams Transport
* Bell, 46, employed by Williams for 15 years until 2007, says she was discharged because of physical disability, a violation of the West Virginia Human Rights Act. She seeks back pay, damages for emotional distress, embarrassment, mental anguish and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-99
Diversicare Leasing Corp. dba Boone Nursing & Rehabilitation Center vs. Joseph Cooper, executor/administrator of the estate of Howard Cooper
PA-Timothy J. LaFon; J-Thompson
* Howard Cooper was a resident with the plaintiff from 2006 until his death in April 2007. Facility says it was not told he had insurance and billed Medicaid for services. Joseph Cooper was his father's power of attorney. Facility had to reimburse Medicaid for his expenses after AARP issued an insurance check for $45,000 to Joseph Cooper, who has refused to turn over funds to the plaintiff.
Case number: 08-C-101
Richard Ball vs. Eastern American Energy Corp. and Does 1-10
PA-Joel Baker; J-Thompson
* Ball claims EAEC was responsible for workers on his property in 2007 removing timber, soil and valuable plants without permission. He seeks damages for damage to his property and to punish the company. He also wants EAEC to provide free gas Ball claims he is entitled to and halt the flow of natural gas "across and from plaintiff's property."
Case number: 08-C-103
Robert and Sharon Ball vs. Eastern American Energy Corp. and Does 1-10
PA-Joel Baker; J-Thompson
* The Balls claim EAEC was responsible for workers on their property in 2007 removing timber, soil and valuable plants without permission. They seek damages for damage to their property and to punish the company. They also want EAEC to provide free gas the Balls claim they are entitled to and halt the flow of natural gas "across and from plaintiffs' property."
Case number: 08-C-104
Christie Barker and Jamie Barker vs. Boone Family Court Judge Cynthia J. Jarrell, Ruth Cooper, Sherry Cooper, Harold Cooper Jr., John Cooper
PA-Keith Randolph; J-Thompson
* The Barkers want to retain property they say was a gift to them from Harold and Ruth Cooper, Christie's parents.
Case number: 08-C-105