Buffi W. Rossi v. Kroger Limited Partnership I
PA – Harvey D. Peyton; J – Zakaib
* Buffi W. Rossi filed a suit against Kroger after she slipped on a clear substance in the Ashton Place supermarket. Rossi claims she suffered severe injury to her right knee and suffered medical expenses in excess of $5,000. Rossi seeks compensation for her injuries in an amount that should not exceed $75,000.
Case number: 08-C-1566
Lydia Obleada and Augusta Obleada v. Charleston Town Center Co.
PA – James R. Fox; J – Zakaib
* Lydia Obleada filed a suit against the Charleston Town Center after she was injured when the escalator she was on stopped suddenly, throwing her forward. Obleada claims she injured her shoulder, incurred medical expenses, endured pain and suffering, lost wages and has sustained an impaired capacity to enjoy life. Augusto Obleada, Lydia Obleada's husband, claims he has been deprived of the consortium, society and comfort of his wife. Together, the Obleadas seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-1569
Gary Dean and Nicole Dean v. Alcan Rolled Products – Ravensood, LLC, Dale Ruben
PA – William M. Tiano; J – Stucky
* Gary Dean filed a suit against Alcan Rolled Products in Ravenswood, after he was injured when he slipped on an oil leak. According to the suit, Dean slipped on oil leaked from an hydraulic lift at the facility. He hurt his knee, back and wrist. Dean seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-1570
Debra Moore v. Gloria Jean Pennington
PA – G. Wayne VanBibber; J – Walker
* Debra Moore filed a suit against another Kanawha County woman after she was injured in a local parking lot. Moore claims Gloria Pennington backed out of a parking spot at Crede Warehouse and pinned Moore between her car and another vehicle. Moore claims she suffered injuries to her back, arms, legs and hips. She seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-1580
Timothy E. Lloyd on behalf of his minor child, Timothy Alexander Lloyd v. Alma Bradshaw
PA – Damon L. Ellis; J – Berger
* Timothy Lloyd filed a suit on behalf of his son, Alex Lloyd, after Alex was injured when the dune buggy in which he was riding flipped. According to the suit, Alex was operating at dune buggy July 18, 2006. At the same time John Bradshaw, was operating a motorcycle. Alma Bradshaw was supervising the boys, the suit says. However, while attempting to go up a hill, the dune buggy flipped and Lloyd's leg was broken. Timothy Lloyd claims he has incurred medical bills and suffered from loss of consortium as a result of his son's injuries. He seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-1594
Lula M. Haynes v. Paul McGervey, McDonald's Corporation
PA – David M. Dawson; J – Bloom
* Lula Haynes filed a suit against the South Charleston McDonald's, claiming she was injured in 2007 while eating at the restaurant. Haynes claims she sat at a table near the door leading to the children's play area, while she ate her meal. According to the suit, the seat was in the opening path of the sliding glass door. Haynes claims the door slid open and hit her on the back of her head, causing serious injury. She seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-1597