CHARLESTON -- Ten lawyers from Dinsmore & Shohl's Charleston office recently were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2009 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
In addition, Dinsmore & Shohl is ranked by Best Lawyers as the No. 1 law firm in the United States in two major practice areas -- Workers' Compensation and Mining Law.
Dinsmore & Shohl is ranked by Best Lawyers as the No. 1 law firm in Charleston for five practice areas including Antitrust, Intellectual Property, Mining, Product Liability Litigation, and Trusts and Estates Law. The firm is also ranked by Best Lawyers as the #1 law firm in West Virginia for four practice areas including Antitrust, Intellectual Property, Mining, and Natural Resources Law.
Dinsmore & Shohl Charleston attorneys selected for this year's guide include:
* Jill Cranston Bentz (Government Relations Law)
* Mark A. Carter (Labor and Employment Law)
* Anna M. Dailey (Labor and Employment Law, Mining Law, Natural Resources Law)
* John F. Hussell IV (Trusts and Estates)
* Monika J. Hussell (Intellectual Property Law)
* W. Henry Jernigan Jr. (Alternative Dispute Resolution, Antitrust Law, Commercial Litigation, Energy Law, Mining Law, Natural Resources Law, Product Liability Litigation)
* Donna C. Kelly (Mining Law)
* Robert J. O'Neil (Health Care Law)
* Christopher B. Power (Energy Law, Environmental Law, Mining Law, Natural Resources Law)
* Forrest H. Roles (Labor and Employment Law, Mining Law, Natural Resources Law)
Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence in the United States. Because Best Lawyers is based on a peer-review survey in which 16,000 leading attorneys throughout the country cast more than a half million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their specialties, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor.
Dinsmore & Shohl marks its 100th anniversary in 2008, celebrating a legacy of client service forged by founding partners Frank Dinsmore and Judge Walter Shohl. The firm is one of the largest full-service law firms in the Midwest and provides a broad range of integrated services to meet the needs of both large and small businesses, as well as institutions, associations, governments, professional firms and individuals.
Dinsmore & Shohl is comprised of more than 375 attorneys practicing in nine offices throughout Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.