Mandy Bishop vs. Dallas Used Auto Sales
PA-Cameron S. McKinney and David L. Grubb; J-Thompson
* Bishop seeks various damages and cancellation of a used car purchase contract, charging common law fraud and misrepresentation among other things. She claims the vehicle "had extensive damage, including frame damage." The complaint cites a warranty was not honored "for repairs and adjustments, including parts and labor … to be made at no charge."
Case number: 08-C-148
Green Tree Servicing vs. Brian S. Ferrell
PA-Jason S. Long and Jennifer S. Caradine; J-Thompson
* Green Tree says Ferrell defaulted on his mobile home contract. It seeks possession of the collateral and repossession assistance from the Boone County Sheriff.
Case number: 08-C-149
Penny L. Gillespie Roberts vs. Massey Coal Services Inc and Alex Energy Inc.
PA-Allan N. Karlin; J-Thompson
* Plaintiff began working at Alex Energy in May 2005, and she accused her former employer of allowing sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation and wrongful discharge in violation of the West Virginia Human Rights Act. She says she was constructively discharged from her employment in September 2006. She seeks compensatory damages for lost wages and benefits as well as punitive damages and court costs.
Case number: 08-C-152
Ronald McCloud vs. Mastec Services Co. Inc and Earl Mullins
PA-Michael J. Olivio; J-Thompson
* McCloud says he and co-workers complained about having to operate a 1993 truck because of potentially unsafe conditions. He was involved in a single-vehicle accident on July 24, 2006 in the truck and was injured. He applied for and received workers' compensation benefits, but the plaintiffs protested by "asserting a story directly contradicted by their two employees involved." McCloud says he was unlawfully terminated on July 27, 2006. He seeks punitive damages, pre-judgment interest and attorney fees and costs.
Case number: 08-C-154
Melissa Gay and David Gay vs. REM Community Options Inc.
PA-Harvey D. Peyton; J-Thompson
* Plaintiff says she suffered severe injuries because of the defendant's discriminatory practices and "deliberate intention to injure her" while employed as an in-home caregiver. She hurt her back lifting a client in September 2006, and was released in May 2007 to "light duty work." She was assigned office work before being told the only work available was full duties as an in-home provider. She was assigned to a home in which the man had "significant prior history of assaultive behavior." She says REM knew of this behavior. She says the man assaulted her and caused her to miss three weeks of work and require more medical attention. She was then assigned there again and again assaulted the next month, suffering more back injuries. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages and reimbursement of costs.
Case number: 08-C-155
Charles R. Aliff Jr. vs. Jamie M. Rouse and General Pipeline Services and John O'Dell Pipeline Construction Inc.
PA-Benny G. Jones; J-Thompson
* Aliff seeks $2 million for injuries and medical expenses resulting from an August 2006 head-on collision between his automobile and a truck owned by the pipeline companies and driven by Rouse on U.S. 119 near Julian. The complaint lists $30,305 in medical expenses and $504,585 in past and future wages.
Case number: 08-C-157
American National Property and Casualty Insurance Co. vs. Derik Dunn, Steven Workman and Everett Belcher
PA-LouAnn S. Cyrus and Heather B. Osborn; J-Thompson
* American seeks to have the court determine how benefits should be divided from a $50,000 bodily injury limit included in its policy with Sherry Michael. She drove the vehicle that collided with a pickup truck owned by Workman and being driven by Dunn on U.S. 119 near Julian in November 2007. Workman and Belcher were passengers.
Case number: 08-C-158