Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company vs. LGS Express Incorporated and Sigitas Misevicius
PA-Kevin P. Davis; J-Eagloski
* Nationwide seeks payment for damages it says defendants were responsible for in an Oct. 23, 2007, accident when Misevicius, driving an LGS vehicle, collided with Nationwide policyholder Garold L. Herrell on Interstate 64 in Nitro. Nationwide seeks $5,732.46 in compensatory damages, plus interests and costs.
Case number: 08-C-316
Juana T. Rojas vs. Speedway SuperAmerica LLC, Marathon Petroleum Company LLC and Marathon Oil Company
PA-Charles M. Love IV; J-Eagloski
* Rojas says she was injured when she slipped and fell on an "unsafe and dangerous" floor at the convenience chain's Nitro location. She seeks compensatory damages, interests and costs.
Case number: 08-C-326
Lonnie Cummings, as executor of the estate of Bernice Linville vs. Sunbridge Putnam Health Care Corp. dba Sunbridge Care & Rehabilitation for Putnam
PA-Michael C. Walker; J-Eagloski
* Cummings said the defendants and its agents negligently failed to assess and prevent the development of and prevent the deterioration of "an avoidable decubitus ulcer" on the heel of Linville, which resulted in her death. He seeks compensatory damages for sorrow, mental anguish, solace, expected loss of income and services of the decedent, expenses for care and treatment and hospitalization of the decedent, funeral expenses and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-329
Melissa Lyttle, individually and as administratrix of the estate of Leslie C. Lyttle, and Felicia Perdue vs. Ronald E. Pauley, individually and doing business as Iron Bike
PA-Stephen L. Gaylock; J-Spaulding
* The plaintiffs – the wife and daughter of the decedent – claim Pauley has a 1993 Harley Davidson motorcycle that he was repairing when the decedent died on Aug. 6, 2005. They say Pauley already has been paid for his work, but he hasn't made the repairs and improvements. They say they have asked for the repairs to be made or to have the motorcycle returned. They seek immediate possession of the bike or compensation for the bike, money for damages to the bike and for loss of possession and use, punitive damages, pre- and post-judgment interests, court costs, attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-337
Mountaineer Wholesale Supply Inc. vs. Steorts Homebuilders LLC fka Steorts and Son LLC and Jason Steorts
PA-Jonathan Nicol; J-Eagloski
* Mountaineer says Steorts owes $2,674.88 on its account. It seeks that amount, plus interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 08-C-338
Eric Nathan Crist vs. The Board of Education of the County of Putnam
PA-Harvey D. Peyton; J-Eagloski
* Crist was a 16-year-old student at Buffalo High School on Aug. 1, 2007, when he was at golf practice with the school's team when a golf ball hit his left eye, rupturing his sclera. He lost his left eye and has been fitted with a prosthetic. Saying the board is responsible, Crist seeks compensatory damages for medical expenses of more than $48,000 as well as damages for physical and mental pain and suffering, embarrassment, loss of enjoyment of life, humiliation and disfigurement. He seeks future medical expenses of more than $200,000 and damages for loss or reduction of his lifetime capacity to work and earn money in the amount of $467,440. He also seeks costs and interests.
Case number: 08-C-339