Brian K. Richards and Christine Richards, his wife vs. Liam P. Hall
PA- James A. Villanova; J-Gaughan
* On Nov. 9, 2006, an accident occurred on Interstate 470 causing injuries to Brian Richards. He claims his earning capacity was reduced, and Christine Richards says the injuries have deprived her of companionship and finances.
Case number: 08-C-383
Barbara Chieffalo vs. Allen Stanley and Property and Casualty Insurance Company of Harford
PA- James A. Villanova; J-Gaughan
* Stanley's insurance company, Nationwide, paid the limits of liability coverage on a rear–end collision which occurred on the entrance ramp of Interstate 470 East on Sept. 30, 2006. Chieffalo claims entitlement to all applicable underinsured motor vehicle insurance coverage from Defendant Hartford's automobile insurance for her permanent injuries. Compensatory judgment is sought, plus pre- and post-judgment interest and costs.
Case number: 08-C-384
Charles DeVault vs. Graybar Electric Company, Inc., a corporation
PA- Sandra K. Law; J-Wilson
* After five years as a truck driver, DeVault's employment was terminated on Sept. 19, 2008. He says he did not receive his final paycheck within the required 72 hours by West Virginia Wage Payment and Collection Act. He seeks all damages allowed under this Act, including liquidated damages, costs, attorney fees, and expenses in bringing this suit.
Case number: 08-C-386
Citibank South Dakota N.A. vs. Clare E McDonald
PA –Andrea K. Reynolds; Steven B. Mulrooney; J- Gaughan
* Citibank says it is owed $27,865.70 on an account. The account remains unpaid and the defendant owes interest accruing from the date of judgment until paid.
Case number: 08-C-388
Ord William Chafin vs. Joseph F. Carcone, Jr.
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; David P. Robinson; J- Gaughan
* A collision occurred while traveling on 27th Street in Wheeling on Oct. 24, 2006. Compensatory judgment is sought for the alleged damages stemming from this accident. As direct and proximate result of injuries claimed, diverse and sundry medical expenses have accrued.
Case number: 08-C-389
Kimberly Kobasko vs. Roger L. Barrett and Jeffery A. Templin
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; J- Wilson
* Kabasko's Colorado truck was struck near Triadelphia on Oct. 4, 2006, for Templin's alleged failure to yield right of way while driving his Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Loss of income and a reduction in earning capacity is claimed. Judgment is sought, jointly and severally, in excess of jurisdictional limits as compensatory damages.
Case number: 08-C-390
Bob Robinson Chevrolet Oldsmobile Cadillac, Inc. dba Bob Robinson Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Cadillac v. Saleem Shakir
PA- Michael J. Olejasz; J- Recht
* On Feb. 20, 2007, Shakir had his Sierra pickup truck towed into Robinson Collision Center for extensive repair work after the vehicle had been involved in a collision on Feb. 13, 2007. A power of attorney was signed on Aug. 9, 2007, enabling the Plaintiff to negotiate a check from Sentry Insurance in the amount of $3,958.08, as partial payment. Failure to pay the outstanding balance of $5,049.95, along with the accumulated storage fees of $20 per day, for the last 523 days, brings the total damages owing to $15,509.95. An order is sought to take title of the subject personal property.
Case number: 08-C-391
Ferlin Ray Baisden, William D. Cain, Joseph R. Corwell Jr., Francis Sterling, Ronnie Goettie, Kenny Hedrick, James J. Karns, David L. McDade, Jeffrey J. Miller, Frederick D. Nickel, Jose Marcos, Palacios, Roger Paul Riggs, William S. Thiel and Charles R. Worthy vs. CSX Transportation Inc.
PA- Robert F. Daley; J-Wilson
* Three years prior to the filing of this action, Plaintiffs discovered that they suffer from occupationally caused cumulative trauma disorder to their upper extremities. As a direct and proximate result of the negligence of the defendant, it is believed that past and future experiences with pain, suffering, and loss has or will occur. Judgment in the amount of $500,000 each, along with costs to bring this action is demanded.
Case number: 08-C-392
Pamela E. Piccard and William A. Piccard vs. Crystal R. Harris
PA- Robert P. Fizsimmons; Brent E. Wear; J- Gaughan
* On Apr. 1, 2008, at the corner of Main and 22nd Street in Wheeling, a collision occurred when Harris struck George P. Baranski. The suit further claims that debris from that accident struck Pamela Piccard's vehicle causing her to swerve and strike the curb in order to avoid a collision with the Baranski vehicle. As a direct and proximate result for failure to maintain control and proper lookout, injuries were sustained. Diverse and sundry medical expenses of $4,642.30 have accrued. Jurisdictional judgment amounts are sought individually by each plaintiff.
Case number: 08-C-393
WesBanco Bank Inc., as Trustee U/W Margaret Ada Miller, f/b/o Marsha K. Stanley, Robert M. Stanley, and Catherine S. Steiner vs. Marsha K. Stanley, Robert M. Stanley and Catharine S. Steiner
PA- James C. Gardill; Marie C. Bechtel; J-Gaughan
* WesBanco seeks a court appointed guardian ad -litem to represent the interests of the unknown issues of the beneficiaries of the Trust. The Court is asked to approve the termination of the Trust and order the assets divided between the respondents in equal shares.
Case number: 08-C-399