Fraze Richard Colley, and Nola M. Colley v. American Electric Power Company Inc.; et al.
PA- Leslie Ann James; J- Karl
* Colley worked with and was exposed to asbestos–containing products as a boilermaker and welder at power plants, chemical plants, manufacturing plants, refineries and steel mills from 1952 through1987. He was diagnosed with the asbestos –related malignancy on Sept. 21, 2007. Direct and proximate results of exposure to known hazards material resulted in permanent and disabling lung disease, great pain, medical expenses, embarrassment, inconvenience, loss of wages and wage earning capacity, loss of quality and enjoyment of life; shortening of his life expectancy. Compensatory and punitive damages are sought, jointly and severally, in an amount determined at trial.
Case number: 08-C-206
David Siburt vs. Joseph Cox Jr.
PA- David A. Jividen; J- Madden
* On June 2, 2008, while traveling north on W.Va. 2, Cox changed lanes and struck he work zone cones causing the automobile to strike the rear of the sweeper truck that Siburt was operating. This alleged failure to maintain proper control and lookout resulted to purportedly permanent head and neck injuries. Compensatory damages are sought in excess of jurisdictional limits.
Case number: 08-C-209
Chester Chanze vs. Minnie L. Henry
PA-W. Howard Klatt; J- Madden
* On Wheeling Avenue, Sept. 13, 2006, failure to maintain control, speed, and proper lookout resulted in a collision. As a direct and proximate result Chanze has suffered injuries to his head, neck and back. Future medical bills and loss of earning capacity are anticipated for which compensatory damages are requested.
Case number: 08-C-211
Christopher Yoho Sr., v. Minnie L. Henry and Chester Chanze
PA-David P. Robinson; J- Karl
* A personal injury claim was filed stemming from an auto collision on Sept. 13, 2006, in Glen Dale, on Route 250 at Dollar General's exit. It is said failure to yield right of way further caused the occurrence of divers and sundry expenses to which compensation is sought, jointly and severally.
Case number: 08-C-212
Rodney Dean Moore vs. Kathy Sue Pagel
PA-Gregory A. Gellner; J- Karl
* A judgment is sought in the amount of $10,203.09 along with an order requiring payment on an outstanding balance of the Suzuki truck loan and an order removing Moore as a co- signer on the Nissan truck loan. Compensatory damages to the personal and credit reputation of Moore is requested in addition to a motion for an injunctive order halting the sale of personal real estate until a resolution is achieved.
Case number: 08-C-215
Patricia L. Robinson vs. Lois J. Anderson
PA- James G. Bordas; J- Madden
* Failure to maintain proper lookout is claimed as the cause of an auto collision that occurred at the intersection of 2nd Street and Olive Avenue. Compensatory and general damages are sought for injuries believed permanent in nature.
Case number: 08-C-216
Theresa Barr vs. Nancy Shutler, Dairyland Insurance Company, and Sentry Insurance Company
PA- Jonathan E. Turak; J- Madden
* On Dec. 5, 2006, Barr was traveling on Roberts Ridge Road when a rear –end collision occurred. The automobile driven by Shutler, at that time, was insured by Nationwide with bodily injury limits of $50,000.00 per accident. Barr had underinsured motorist coverage with a $40,000 per accident limit. It is claimed damages exceed the available liability coverage and request is made that Dairyland adjust her claim accordingly. Compensatory and punitive damages are requested.
Case number: 08-C-220
Robert D. Strawn vs. Direct Line Parts Inc.
PA- David S. Jividen; J- Madden
* Injuries occurred during a single–vehicle motorcycle crash when control was lost of a 2002 Honda Gold Wing motorcycle. It is claimed the acts or omissions of Honda, during the replacement and balance of the front tire, on Apr. 8, 2008, was directly related to the accident that occurred on Apr. 10, 2008. In addition to the property damages, permanent physical injuries may continue and compensatory damages in excess of jurisdictional limits are pursued.
Case number: 08-C-222
THIS JUST IN: Marshall County
Want to get notified whenever we write about ?
Sign-up Next time we write about , we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.