WesBanco Bank, Inc. v. Jennifer R. Hammond
PA- Marie C. Betchel; J- Madden
* An unsecured promissory note for $14,000 was applied for and received on March 20, 2006. A request for $9,531.50, plus interest at 12.565 percent per annum, is claimed owing and demanded.
Case number: 08-C-260
Cheryl Kisner vs. Dawn Chanze
PA- Christopher R. Heller; J- Karl
* It is claimed on May 29, 2007, while driving as a passenger in Chanze's vehicle on Grant Avenue, she rear-ended Beverly A. Hill. As a result of this negligent failure to keep proper lookout and maintain control, Kisner claims she suffered injuries to her neck for which compensatory and general damages are sought.
Case number: 08-261
Patricia Kernan vs Gregory Elwood Howe
PA- Pro Se; J- Madden
* It is said Howe is in possession of Kernan's family's possessions at his and his girlfriend Tracey's house on Pearl Street. Their return is requested or $20,000 cash payment.
Case number: 08-C-262
Paul T. Lang Sr. and Nadine M. Lang v. A.W. Chesterton Co., et al.
PA- Leslie Ann James; J- Madden
* Mr. Lang was diagnosed with, an incurable and asbestos–related disease, malignant mosothelioma, on or about Sept. 4, 2008. The direct and proximate result of the negligence of the defendants caused Long to develop serious, permanent and disabling disease that has shortened his life expectancy.
Case number: 08-C-264
United Bank Inc. vs Lindsay H. Courtwright
PA- Paul B. Atkins; J- Karl
* Judgment is demanded in the sum of $6,754.02, with interests and costs for the balance of the repossessed security collateral.
Case number: 08-C-265
Drumand McLaughlin and Lee Ann McLaughlin vs. American Electric Power Company Inc., AEP Ohio, Ohio Power Company, CGI International, Inc. General Hydrogen Corporation, and General Hydrogen of West Virginia Corporation
PA- Geoffrey C. Brown; J- Madden
* On Sept. 16, 2005, a rupture disc failed prematurely in the hydrogen storage system at the Kammer Station and hydrogen gas escaped through a puncture in the copper vent pipe. As a direct and proximate result to maintain the system in a safe condition, there was a massive explosion at the Muskingum River Unit 5 storage tank on Jan. 8, 2007. He claims suffering physical pain, mental, and emotional diminishment and believes the damage is permanent. Compensatory and punitive damages are sought.
Case number: 08-C-266
Denise McNees v. Elsa M. Irisari, J.D., and Irisari and Irisari, Inc. P.C.
PA- David L. Delk; J- Madden
* Multiple requests for a copy of her entire patient file have gone unanswered and necessitate the filing of this demand for compliance to procure her records.
Case number: 08-C-270
Jimmi McDaniel, individually and as guardian and natural parent for her daughter, Averi L. McDaniel v. Glen Dale United Methodist Church, Board of Trustees
PA- Rodney T. Berry; J- Karl
* While enrolled in and attending a day care operated and sponsored by defendant Averi, McDaniel suffered physical and emotional injuries. The sustained injuries are claimed to be serious and permanent in nature and compensation is requested.
Case number: 08-C-271
Janie L. Thomas and Bonnie J. Thomas vs. Sean A. Darrah
PA- Jonathan E. Turak; J- Madden
* While traveling North on W.Va. 2 in New Martinsville, Darrah is said to have rear–ended a vehicle operated by Janie Thomas in which Bonnie Thomas was a passenger. Each plaintiff suffered injuries. A trial jury is requested for a fair and equitable determination.
Case number: 08-C-271
Beneficial West Virginia, Inc v. Micheal B. Tustin a/k/a/ Michelle Tustin
PA- Kurt J. Winter; J- Madden
* On Oct. 23, 2006, a loan agreement was entered and the last payment received was on Sept. 14, 2007. An unjust enrichment has occurred and the entire amount is owed upon default for $17,655.20, along with interest, fees, and costs.
Case number: 08-C-274
Dana Brock Beall and Peggy Ann Beall, his wife vs. American Electric Power Service Corporation, a foreign corporation;, et al.
* During the years from 1972 through 1998, Dana Beall worked for various facilities where exposure to benzene, both as a raw material, a contaminant in, or derivative of this and other toxic substances. As a direct and proximate result he developed acute myeloid leukemia to which he became severely disabled. Compensatory and punitive damages, both jointly and severally, are demanded by jury.
Case number: 08-C-275
Rosalie L. Clark vs. Amber J. Schafer
* Clark placed a certificate of deposit against a car loan for her granddaughter, at Bayer Credit Union, who; subsequently, retained the CD valued at $6,711. Restitution and recovery is sought.
Case number: 08-C-276
Blue Ribbon Rentals Inc. vs. Richard Custer aka Richard J. Custer
PA- Robert S. Bernstein; J- Karl
* Rental purchase agreements were entered between Dec. 2007 and Jan. 2008 and weekly payments were required pursuant to the terms. This claim is made for repossession of equipment and the accelerated balance due under Agreement in the amount of $7,337.89, plus interest, costs and charges.
Case number: 08-C-277