Jennifer Pickett and Adam Pickett vs. Daniel Cain and Brenda Cain
PA- Gerasimos (Jerry) Sklavounakis; J- Madden
* It is claimed that defective and dangerous steps were the cause of serious injuries sustained when she fell on Cain's Marshal Street property. As a result of the injuries to her ankle she incurred ongoing medical expenses. A jury trial is requested.
Case number: 08-C-278
Hudson & Keyse, assignee of Beneficial Company LLC v. Albert J. Chambers, Jr.
PA- Ryan S. Marsteller; J- Madden
* A loaned was secured on Aug. 19, 2003 for which $21,296.71 is claimed owing which includes a principal amount of $11,526.65.
Case number: 08-C-280
James D. Carney and Cathy L. Carney v. Paul Riggle and Kim Riggle
PA- Brain A. Ghaphery; J- Karl
*A real estate purchase agreement was entered into on Jan. 11, 2008 for $160,000. It is claimed that a latent defect was concealed on a defective septic system which causes drainage problems and render the yard unusable. The costs of repairs are believed to be $8,000, for which a jury trial is demanded, along with the costs to litigate this action.
Case number: 08-C-281
David Dempewolf and Kimberly Dempewolf vs. PPG Industries, Inc., Robert Feldmeier
PA- Ronald Wm. Kasserman; J- Madden
* A workplace injury was suffered on Mar. 21, 2005, and a workers' compensation claim was filed. Subsequently, he underwent arthroscopic shoulder surgery and was released with modified work duties from his surgeon on Sept. 21, 2006. In Dec. 2006, he was advised there were no more light work duties were available. It is claimed PPG has violated EEO policy of affirmative action by failure to employ Dempewolf, actively in a job, as a qualified individual with a disability. As a union member, these grievances are not subject to arbitration procedures. Compensatory and punitive damages are sought.
Case number: 08-C-282
Bennett Brown vs. Safway Steel Scaffolds Company of Pittsburgh nka Brand Scaffold Rental & Erection of Pittsburgh, Inc or BESP Inc.
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; J- Karl
* It is claimed unsafe working conditions existed on Dec. 8, 2006, at the Kammer-Mitchell plant, which contributed to injuries sustained to Brown's neck and back. He claims divers and sundry expenses and demands compensatory damages.
Case number: 08-C-283
Christina M. Lavenski vs. Albert Presley
PA- Christopher R. Heller; J- Karl
* Lavenski claims she was rear–ended at the drive thru of the BB&T Bank, at 8th Street, on Jan. 6, 2007. Along with lost wages and annoyance, she believes she will incur future medical expenses for which compensatory judgment is sought.
Case number: 08-C-285
Schmitt Sales Inc. vs. John Dean Young and Amelia Diane Young individually and together as partners trading as JD Gasoline Alley
PA-Jon R. Keating; Cheryl L. Esposito; J- Madden
* On June 19th and July 7, 2008, goods and materials were sold and delivered on credit and a balance of $10,478.40 remains on account. This amount is demanded with a per annum rate of 8.25% from Aug. 7, 2008.
Case number: 08-C-286
Kirk Monteleone v. Jeremy George
PA- Joseph J. John; J- Karl
* Monteleone was attempting to exit the Jeep driven by George in the Kroger parking lot when he was negligently dragged along with disregard to his safety, on Apr. 1, 2007.
Case number: 08-C-287
Evelyn Marie Seifert and Cora Lee Baker v. Victor Joseph Seifert
PA- Patrick J. McDermott; J- Madden
* A claim for partition and reimbursement is filed to grant equitable partition of the real property willed in testate and give a proportionate share in relation to fees, costs and expenses incurred relative the subject property.
Case number: 08-C-288
WesBanco Bank, Inc., Successor to Wheeling Dollar Bank, Trustee of the Joe A. Yost Trust vs. Joe A. Yost, an incompetent person
PA- James C. Gardill; J- Karl
* Following the death of his mother in 1980, WesBanco was named legal guardian of Yost who was born mentally incapacitated. The devalued trust at $52,972.48 mandates, by a 1990 Order, that the Court approve expenditures when it sits below 70K. A docket transfer is requested from Wetzel to Marshall County, along with continuing authorization to Bethesda House for the care expenditures on behalf of Mr. Yost.
Case number: 08-C-289
Linda Tagg, Kimberly Tagg and Sonny Tagg vs. Tri-State Hospital Supply Corporation, and Scott Choby
PA- Jonathan E. Turak; J- Madden
* This mother and daughter claim failure to yield to a traffic light resulted in a collision that resulted in injuries suffered by both passengers. Future medical treatment, along with loss of consortium is claimed. Judgment is sought jointly and severally.
Case number: 08-C-290
Jeff E. Slider v. State of West Virginia
PA- Pro Se; J- Karl
* Slider filed a Writ of Habeas Corpus. He entered a plea agreement to serve 1 to 4 years for one (1) count of displaying pornographic material to a minor.
Case number: 08-C-291