United Bank, Inc. v. John Blake and Rebecca Blake
PA-Richard Hayhurst; J-Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants, who are residents of Licking, Ohio, for the unpaid balance of a $25,177.49 loan given to them on Aug. 28, 2006 to purchase a 2007 Harley-Davidson motorcycle. The plaintiff is seeking judgment against both defendants for $4,303.55 each plus interest from Dec. 19, 2008 until the date of judgment plus fees and punitive damages.
Case No. 09-C-02
Jessica Williams v. Joshua Winters
PA-C. Benjamin Salango; J-Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries she sustained in a car accident that occurred on June 22 on Grand Central Avenue in Vienna. The plaintiff, who was a passenger in a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am driven by Carrie Houser, is seeking unspecified damages for past and future medical expenses for a non-displaced fracture to her cervical spine.
Case No. 09-C-03
Carrie Houser v. Joshua Winters
PA-C. Benjamin Salango; J-Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries she sustained in a car accident that occurred on June 22 on Grand Central Avenue. The plaintiff, who was driving a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am, is seeking unspecified damages for past and future medical expenses for a fracture to her left arm that required surgical intervention.
Case No. 09-C-04
Eric K. Powell and James C. Powell v. Robert Keith Sheppard
PA-Anthony J. Majestro; J-Beane
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendant for converting $75,000 of their money intended for investment into a real estate development for his own personal use. They are seeking unspecified damages, and a court order compelling Sheppard to sell some of his properties in order to repay the plaintiffs.
Case No. 09-C-05
Gene Van Fleet v. The Practice Tee, LLC dba Woods and Irons at The Practice Tee
PA-William O. Merriman Jr.; J-Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries he sustained falling down a flight of stairs when exiting the defendant's restaurant on Jan. 9, 2007. The plaintiff is seeking unspecified damages for injuries he sustained and work missed.
Case No. 09-C-08
Marsha Fields v. Aaron Rents, Inc. dba Aaron's' Sales and Leasing Corp.
PA-John N. Ellem; J-Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for malicious prosecution of a worthless check on which she stopped payment after her daughter, who requested help in making a furniture payment to Aaron's, informed her she would be unable to repay her. The plaintiff is seeking unspecified damages, reasonable attorney fees to cover both the criminal and civil cases and an order seeking removal of any negative reference from credit reporting agencies.
Case No. 09-C-09
James Arthur and Fances Arthur v. Bradley and Albright, PLLC, Bradley Law Office, PLLC and James Bradley Jr.
PA-Bruce L. Freeman; J-Waters
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for failing to prosecute a legal malpractice suit against another attorney, Rodney C. Windom. The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory damages for $81,202.07, the amount awarded to Windom in a counterclaim he filed against the Arthurs in their malpractice suit, plus recovery of $10,000 in legal fees paid to Bradley.
Case No. 09-C-10
Patrick Caudill v. William J. Musick and Linda C. Musick
PA-Robert T. and David Goldenberg; J-Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for injuries he sustained at their Washington Ave. home on July 18, 2007 while performing work there. The plaintiff is seeking compensatory damages to include $15,475 in medical expenses and punitive damages.
Case No. 09-C-11
State Farm Mutual Auto Insurance Co., as subrogee of Angela Delli-Gatti v. Larry Leon Carroll
PA-Ryan S. Marsteller; J-Not yet assigned
* The plaintiff is suing defendant for subrogation of a claim it paid to its policyholder, Angela Delli-Gatti, for both damages her vehicle and injuries she sustained from a car accident the defendant caused on Jan. 30, 2007 on Main Street in Parkersburg. The plaintiff is seeking judgment in the total amount of the claim, $7,350.97, plus interest and fees.
Case No. 09-C-12