Patricia L. Frazier v. James M. Frazier
PA – Brent K. Kesner: J – Jay Hoke
* The complaint says James Frazier was operating a motorcycle on Ohio 104 near Morgan on June 15, 2008, when he collided with another vehicle, throwing Patricia, who was a passenger on the motorcycle, to the roadway. Patricia alleges she's suffered permanent injuries as a result of the crash. She's seeking compensatory damages, legal fees and pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 09-C-2
Scott Hutchinson Enterprises v. Albert and Regina Sandoval
PA – Bert Ketchum: J – Jay Hoke
* The plaintiff claims the defendants signed a six-month lease in December 2007 to occupy 6,000 square feet in a Branchland building, but vacated the space in February 2008, breaking the lease. The plaintiff is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-3
Lila Miller v. Heather Brickles
PA – William T. Forester: J – Jay Hoke
* Miller, of Sod, is seeking $150,000 for her injuries sustained in a May 2007 car crash. Miller claims that Brickles rear-ended her as she tried to make a left hand turn onto Midway Road near Alum Creek.
Case number: 09-C-7
Carl D. and Jana Harper v. Carmichael Equipment and John Deere and Co.
PA – Brent K. Kesner: J- Jay Hoke
* Carl D. Harper claims he was operating a John Deere riding lawnmower on June 28, 2007 that had been serviced numerous times by Carmichael. Harper claims he was mowing around a tree when the tractor went over an embankment and Harper was thrown from the seat. The lawsuit claims the tractor's kill-switch didn't work and the mower blades severed several of Harper's fingers and removed tissue from his hand. He's seeking compensatory damages and legal costs.
Case number: 09-C-1
Patricia Casto, Helen A. McLemore, Mary L. Farmer Rhodes and Jimmie Farmer v. Betty Lew Farmer, individually and as executrix of the estate of Clarence R. Farmer and Susan Sowards
PA – Timothy J. LaFon: J – Jay Hoke
* The plaintiffs allege that Clarence R. Farmer was "physically and mentally infirm with ailments and diseases that left him incompetent to understand his affairs" when he executed his will. The plaintiffs allege the defendants used the deceased's diminished capacity to draft a will that disinherited them. They are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-9
James L. Marker v. Melinda K. Ray and Patrick Weaver
PA – Greg R. Lord: J – Jay Hoke
* The plaintiff claims he made Weaver his power of attorney in 2006 and subsequently left his Sod property to live in a personal care home in Kanawha County. Marker claims that Weaver then sold his property for $50,000 to Ray and then sold all his possessions. When Marker revoked Weaver's power of attorney status, he claims the defendant turned over a check for $4,972, saying that was all the money left that belonged to Marker. The plaintiff wants his property back and other damages.
Case number: 09-C-14
FIA Card Services v. Pamela White
PA – James B. Atkins: J – Jay Hoke
* The plaintiff seeks $40,922 of a Bank of America credit card balance belonging to White, of Alum Creek.
Case number: 09-C-15