Jody Britton, individually and as husband to Janie Britton, as wife to Jody Britton vs. Sylvia Sacco and Tri- State Ambulance Inc.
PA-Ronald W. Lavolta; J-Wilson
* A vehicular collision occurred on Feb. 24, 2007, at the intersection of 24th and Chapline Streets. It is claimed Tri –State was negligent in entrusting the Ambulance Mini Van to Sacco. Judgment is sought jointly and severally.
Case number: 09-C-59
Robert L. Smith v. Hyundai Motor America Inc. and Hyundai Motor Finance Company
PA-Scott C. Brown; J-Wilson
* It is claimed despite repeated repair attempts to the Elantra, the sedan's engine defects have not been cured. An order discontinuing his obligation under the agreement is requested along with a reward that Hyundai be required to return purchase monies.
Case number: 09-C-61
M & M Capital Inc. vs. Guo Yang aka Yang Guo fdba Manilla Restaurant
PA-Jeffrey W. McCamic; J-Wilson
* A default judgment entered in Belmont County, Ohio, against defendants for $13,482.03, is herewith filed as a foreign judgment.
Case number: 09-C-62
Westfield Insurance Company as subrogee of Echo Manor LLC v. Jonathan Patrick Ballato
PA-Ryan S. Marsteller; J-Gaughan
* Ballota collided with a stone wall on Mar. 3, 2007, to which payment was made on a claim. Westfield says it is now subrogated to the extent of $12,400 and demands judgment in that amount.
Case number: 09-C-64
Richard Knecht vs. Erie Insurance Property & Casualty Company d/b/a Erie Insurance Group and/or Erie Insurance Company
PA-Jacob M. Robinson; J-Wilson
* A collision occurred near Dallas Pike on Sept. 6, 2003. Before an eventual settlement, it is claimed Erie knew the policy had a value far in excess of their settlement offers. This claim of common law misconduct seeks punitive or exemplary damages.
Case number: 09-C-66
Robert Vantilburg vs. Severstal Wheeling Inc.
PA-Frank X. Duff; Sandra K. Law; J-Mazzone
* Vantilburg was employed with Severstal from December 2003 until his termination on Jan. 29, 2009. He seeks liquidated damages, costs, attorneys' fees, and expenses in bringing this action.
Case number: 09-C-67
Renee Mickens v. Kalkreuth Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc. and Career Search One Inc.
PA- Frank X. Duff; Sandra K. Law; J-Mazzone
* It is said after numerous interviews with Career Search from late 2008, she began a work assignment with Kalkreuth on Feb. 12, 2009. During that claims she was subjected to inappropriate racial remarks and that her complaint led to a subsequent wrongful discharge. A punitive award for her pain and suffering is requested.
Case number: 09-C-68
Dustin Namack v. Jonathan R. O'Grady
PA-Daniel M. Balgo; J-Wilson
* Namack was struck on W.Va. 2 near 26th Street on Nov. 5, 2007, and says he suffered damages in excess of the bodily injury coverage provided by O'Grady's policy.
Case number: 09-C-69
The United School Service Employee Association of West Virginia, By Its President, James K. Linger vs. John Mark Hickman
PA-Eric M. Gordon; J-Wilson
* Hickman was President of the USSEA from July 1, 2007, until removed from office by its membership on May 3, 2008. It is claimed he failed to turn over property that was previously placed in his custody. A stipend was improperly received by Hickman of $4,050 and judgment is requested.
Case number: 09-C-70