CLARKSBURG -– Seventeen Steptoe & Johnson attorneys have been ranked as "Leaders in Their Field" by Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
"We are honored to have 17 of our attorneys recognized by Chambers USA as Leaders in their Field," firm CEO Susan Brewer said. "The attorneys selected for this accolade have increased with each year's rankings, reflecting the strength of our relationships to our clients."
Each year, Chambers USA conducts in-depth interviews with clients to assess the reputations and expertise of business lawyers across the United States. Attorneys are ranked by their clients on qualities such as technical ability, professional conduct, commitment, client service and commercial awareness.
The following Steptoe & Johnson attorneys are recognized by Chambers USA. David Goddard and John Merinar are joining their peers for the first time in this year's rankings.
* Rodney L. Bean - Labor & Employment – Morgantown
* Susan S. Brewer - Litigation: Healthcare – Morgantown
* Bryan R. Cokeley - Labor & Employment – Charleston
* Patrick D. Deem - Corporate/Commercial; Natural Resources – Clarksburg
* David E. Dick - Labor & Employment – Morgantown
* Louis E. Enderle, Jr. - Real Estate – Clarksburg
* Sharon O. Flanery - Natural Resources – Charleston
* William E. Galeota - Litigation: General Commercial – Morgantown
* David E. Goddard - Litigation: General Commercial – Clarksburg
* John R. Merinar, Jr. – Labor & Employment – Clarksburg
* C. David Morrison - Labor & Employment – Clarksburg
* Jeffrey K. Phillips - Litigation: General Commercial – Charleston
* James A. Russell - Natural Resources – Morgantown
* Christopher L. Slaughter - Labor & Employment – Huntington
* Robert M. Steptoe, Jr. - Labor & Employment – Clarksburg
* John C. Stump - Corporate/Commercial – Charleston
* L. Frederick Williams, Jr. - Corporate/Commercial; Corporate/Commercial: Tax – Charleston
Chambers and Partners, based in London, publishes the annual Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business. Top firms and top attorneys are ranked and their merits described –- usually in the words of clients the publisher has interviewed. For more information, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
Steptoe & Johnson is a business-focused firm with strengths in energy, labor, employment and litigation. It consists of more than 180 lawyers resident in seven locations throughout West Virginia and Ohio. For more information, visit www.steptoe-johnson.com.